7

Stuart stood before Murdoc's hospitalized body, a million unpleasant thoughts racing through his head and guilt completely flooding his emotions.

"'Ow soon could he be released?"

Julie looked over her clipboard for a second before seemingly coming across an answer and turning to him once more.

"After we get the test results back tomorrow, we can devise a plan to start helping his amnesia along with medication and simple exercises. However, the option is up to you. We understand that having a loved one affected by amnesia can be hard, especially with a child. We can either send Mr. Niccals to a special hospital where they'll take great care of him until he's showing signs of getting better; or, you may take him back home as soon as he's clear for leave tomorrow. But I have to warn you, he won't get better immediately. He doesn't remember a solitary thing, let alone who he used to be. You'll have to be patient with him." She informed in between looking over the various monitors and machines and surrounded his body.

Just as Stuart was about to reply to the doctor, he heard a pained grunt come from the very man they were talking about.

As Murdoc's mismatched eyes slowly fluttered opened, they met his immediately. To his dismay, the amnesia victim seemed afraid of appearance, proved by the way he shrunk back into the hospital bed. A reaction he had seen many times before in his life, but the fact it was his best mate, the man behind both accidents, shrinking away from him hurt. Almost surprisingly so.

But 2D took what the doctor had told him into mind. He was back to step one with Murdoc. Complete strangers. Nothing.

The raven haired man's gaze quickly latched itself to the doctor, perhaps feeling bad for staring at the bluenette for so long.

"Good mornin', Julie. Is everythin' alrigh'?"

His voice was light, completely sober. A voice Stuart hadn't heard in years. One that he admittedly kind of missed. But it wasn't the same. It was foreign and unrecognizable from the Murdoc he used to know. The Murdoc he missed. The Murdoc he needed back.

Dr. Hanson offered a smile to her patient, pressing a small button on his bed control panel to order him some breakfast.

"Good morning, Mr. Niccals. This gentleman here is Stuart Pot, he's come to visit you."

2D took a nervous step towards the bed, fiddling with the rim of his shirt to keep his hands occupied.

Murdoc recognized the name immediately. Julie had mentioned it to him the other day when she was looking through 'his' phone. He was the only listed contact on there, or so he was told. The man before him was stick thin, probably due to his towering height. Messy strands of his blue hair stuck out at random, just barely touching his shoulders. His eyes were jet black, yet seemingly filled with emotion to his surprise. 

"I-It's a pleasure... ta meet ya, Mu'doc."

It nearly killed 2D to introduce himself to the bassist, but he tried his best to force a toothless smile as he did so.

"Righ' back at ya, mate." 

Julie smiled at the two men, seemingly glad things started off on the right foot.

"I'll give you two gents some time while I catch your friends up, yeah? Be back in a moment."

With that, the doctor turned on her heels and exited the room, leaving 2D standing there like a deer in the headlights.

He kept his eyes glued to the floor, refusing to look up at his amnesic friend. 

Meanwhile, Murdoc pulled the stale white sheets closer to his bare chest, feeling a little too revealed in front of someone he just met- but that wasn't case. Although he had just met him, this 'Stuart Pot' man must've been of some importance if he was the only guy in his contacts.

But who was he?

"'Ow ya feelin', Mu'doc?" 

The patient was taken from his thoughts at the sound of a thick Cockney accent. He looked up to see Stuart, who was now much closer to his bedside than before, looking down at him with those large black orbs.

Murdoc toyed with the rim of the hospital sheets once more, trying to think of an answer.

"A little beaten up, but I'll be fine." He informed, studying the intruder once more. 

Stuart let out a bittersweet chuckle at the familiarity of Murdoc pretending to be stronger than he really was; one of his many defense mechanisms he put up when it came to talking with anyone.

Murdoc could only tilt his head in confusion at the soft laughter coming from the other. He wanted answers so badly. Ever since he'd woken up in this godforsaken hospital, nothing made sense. The patient was painfully aware of his condition- the fact that he couldn't remember a thing made it rather obvious. 

He couldn't even begin to imagine where he met a bloke like this. This so called 'Stuart' character had an appearance that was so foreign and outlandish, something straight out of a horror film or something of the like. 

He wondered what their relationship was like.

Were they just chums who hung around each other, went out drinking, and gossiped about the latest game? Or were the best mates who'd been together for years- or maybe even decades- just enjoying each other's company? Or...

Could they possibly be lovers?

Murdoc didn't want to judge a book by its cover, but the bluenette did seem a little bent.

However, the thought didn't repulse him like he thought it would. He didn't want to admit it, just in case he was wrong about the whole 'lovers' idea- but Stuart wasn't exactly hard to look at. His appearance was interesting, but it went beyond that for the raven haired man. 

Something that left him wanting more.