Chapter One

Hurt.

The only feeling I felt at that moment.

My mouth began to open to form some sort of words to try and explain, but two arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me out of the room, shutting the door quickly behind us. I found myself looking up into the worried crystal blue eyes of Niall, as he gave me a small, sympathetic smile, before dragging me farther down the hall, and into the waiting room where all the boys were waiting.

Tears couldn't even form in my eyes I was so upset. Plenty of them had been shed over the last week anyway. I simply plopped myself down in one of the chairs, and glanced up at the boys, shaking my head ever so slightly. "He doesn't remember me?" I said quietly, blinking my eyes a couple times.

"He doesn't remember any of us except Harry," Liam said from acrost the small, private watiing room, as he ran a hand through his hair, staring down at one of the floor tiles.

"Course," I said, a small, dry laugh bubbling through my lips as I turned to stare at the curly headed boy, who was leaning against the far wall, his eyes closed in deep thought. "You okay Harry?"

"How are you so calm about this?" Harry asked suddenly, his emerald eyes popping open, glistening with tears as he turned to me, a small frown on his face. His tone was annoyed, and sounded scolding.

"I'm no where near calm," I said, locking my gaze with him as I narrowed my eyes into thin slits. "Atleast he remembers you," I snapped, turning away, and burrying my face into Niall's jacket, as he came over, and gave me a comfroting hug.

"Mace, I didn't mean it like that," Harry said, his tone snapping out of the annoyed one, and back into his normal tone.

"Whatever," I mumbled into Niall's jacket, turning my head so I could stare at the boys one more time before the tears finally began to fall.

"Hey hey Mace, don't cry," Zayn commented from my other side, patting my arm gently. "The doctor said that there's a strong likely hood that he'll remember everything."

"But what if he doesn't!" I sobbed uncontrollably, my tears blocking my vision, as I wiped my face on the side of Niall's jacket.

"You have to have confidence that he will. If you have no confidence, no one will," Niall murmered against the side of my head, giving me a comforting squeeze, before pulling me upright, and giving me a comforting smile.

As if on que, the doctor appeared in the hallway, staring at all five of us with a sympathetic smile. I didn't want his sympathy. I didn't want anyone's. I only wanted Louis to get better.

"He's asking for Mr. Styles, and you Ms. Gray. He wants to know exactly who you are. And if it helps any, he said you were very beautiful."

With a huge sigh, I heaved myself out of the chair, and fell in step beside Harry, my head facing the ground as I watched each and every step I took in front of me, afraid I would fall because my head felt so heavy and dizzy.

"It'll be okay," Harry said, reaching for my hand and squeezing it lightly. I simply gave him a faint smile, and took a deep breath, preparing myself this time.

We pushed our way through a few doors, and finally into Louis' room, where he was now sitting up in his bed, eyes locked on something outside the window. Harry cleared his throat, and pulled me farther into the room after him. "Hey Lou," He said, his voice quivering.

"Oh, Haz, thank god your here. And you brought that girl from earlier," Louis said brightly, a smile stretching across his face, but his words stuck sharp thorns directly through my heart.

I was back to square one, "that girl from earlier". Not his girlfriend, not the love of his life. Not his future wife like he had once told me. No, "that girl".