chapter 46 - Seren

It's the night of our annual show. Tony will be back in just a couple more weeks and I feel like I'm on cloud nine. Being apart is hard but with the help of Skype and text messages we chat daily. They've finished recording the new album and are rehearsing for the tour.

Backstage at the theater is the usual chaos. The little ones are nervous, the bigger ones keep losing shoes and the older ones laddering their tights and smudging their make up. I love being a dancer!

My props and mayhem dance is the second to last one. The principal wants to do a special introduction for me as a reward for getting the chance to be in the music video.

I have on a long black and purple tutu and stand nervously in the wings for my cue. I already did all of this last night in the first show and the audience gave me a standing ovation.

The music starts and my feet get to work. I dance my hardest and think I'm doing a better job than last night.

Once again the audience love it. I curtsey and go to leave the stage when the principal comes on. What's she doing?

"Ladies and gentlemen, tonight in our audience we have some very special guests. They've flown in all the way from America to see the show and especially this dance. Please come to the stage gentlemen. These are the musicians who have asked our very own Seren to be in their music video. Can I introduce Pierce the Veil".

I start shaking. Tony is here.