The Puppet Master

Start from the beginning

Skylar looked up from her magazine that she was currently flipping through and looked over at the boy curiously and admitted, "I haven't either. That's actually the last time that I saw him today, too."

"I'll help you look. Come on, Oliver." Reece offered while standing up from her spot on the couch beside Skylar and moved over to Oliver as did Skylar who added, "Me too." The three of them began to search around the whole penthouse then.

Bree was sitting beside Justin, her legs draped across his lap, as both of them sat on the couch while playing on their phones. "He's probably just playing with his puppet." Bree lightly remarked, looking up from her phone and at Justin who looked at her and smiled in amusement also.

"Kaz, stop!" Oliver exclaimed in the hallway, dodging his best friend's punches. Kaz continued to attempt to attack, his eyes distant and soulless. "Why are you attacking me? This isn't you!"

Bree and Justin ran into the hallway to see Kaz continue attacking Oliver. "Kaz, buddy, what's going on?" Justin started, trying to calm the fiery superhero down. He turned and blasted Justin back with his fire power.

"Justin!" Oliver and Bree exclaimed as Bree rushed over to the now hurt superhero and knelt beside him while Oliver faced Kaz again. Bree looked back at Kaz and repeated, "Kaz, stop!"

Kaz shot fire out of his hand towards Oliver who put it out with his ice power. The two of them started to fight as Bree shook Justin, trying to wake him up, letting out, "Come on, Justin, wake up." 

Bree stood up and super speeded over to Kaz and knocked him out as he fell to the floor also while starting, "What's wrong with him?"

"I don't know. He just came out of nowhere and started attacking me!" Oliver explained just as Justin woke up and groggily stood back up. 

Justin glanced over at the still unconscious Kaz and suggested, "We might want to restrain him before he wakes up and tries attacking us again."

"Good idea." Bree and Oliver agreed as the two guys carried Kaz into the dining room and set him in a chair, tying him up securely, while Bree stood by, her hands on her hips. She asked the question on their minds first, "So, why did he attack us?"

"I don't know. Maybe mind control?" Oliver answered.

"Well, Kaz isn't upstairs-" Skylar started while coming down the stairs. Reece also added, stepping back into the penthouse from the hyperlift, "And he's not in mission command-" The two of them both noticed Kaz restrained to a chair and unconscious and asked in unison, "What happened to him and why is he tied up?"

"He started to attack us, so Bree knocked him out and Justin and I tied him up, so that Kaz won't attack us again when he wakes up." Oliver simply explained.

"Why did he-?" Skylar started.

"We don't know yet." Justin answered her question before she could even finish asking it. He noticed two of the puppets sitting on the dining room table and narrowed his eyes a little. "Isn't it a little weird that we get a box with puppets in it and no return address or idea who sent it on the same day that Kaz decides to attack?"

"Could be just a coincidence." Oliver shrugged.

"You might be onto something. Whoever sent it, they could planted something in the puppets to mind control us." Skylar replied in agreement with Justin.