"Hi." Reese commented.

Justin looked at the oddly familiar girl, but he couldn't seem to remember how he knew her. "I'm sorry I don't remember you, and I know who Des's friends are. After all, she's my little sister." He spoke up curiously.

"She must have not mentioned me then. I mean, we kind of had a little fight and I left. I just want to see her and... apologize, and just to let her know that she was right." Reese replied, chuckling lightly, "Des, um, always saw the best in people. She gives them second chances even when they don't deserve it." She looked down at the floor as the group exchanged a look.

"Yeah, she does." Douglas murmured.

"Where is Des anyway?" Chase asked, curious yet concern.

"She's checking around the city, finding out what's happening." Douglas answered, "She should be back after a little while. I'm gonna go check the news." He left out of the living room and went upstairs.

Skylar came back into the penthouse from the terrace and moved over to the group. "Douglas was right. Those sirens are really loud out there." She pointed out, "Maybe Des is in trouble and that's what is holding her from returning home."

"Yeah, but I'm more concerned with who she is." Bree commented, gesturing to the mysterious girl named Reese and turned her attention back to her, "So, how did you find Chase and how do you know Des?"

"I was at the library and she noticed me and recalled hearing about us on the news; We began to talk and she had mentioned to me that Des had told her about us." Chase began.

"Des and I were friends from the superhero world until I made a mistake and hurt her... I regretted it instantly and I didn't mean to. She forgave me but I couldn't forgive myself, I guess. I blamed her and that's how our argument had started. I left because that's what I do- I run away. Des never gave up on me, though. She tried to reach out to me. That's why I'm here- to apologize to her personally." Reese finished, biting her bottom lip and looked down at her folded hands.

"And Des deserves to know, especially if what she said is true about once being friends." Chase pointed out, looking over at his sister and then the team.

***

I walked down the sidewalk cautiously just as the street trembled a bit; Civilians ran away in fear from something in every direction, panicked. "Ah, the famous Quake. Where's your team at?" A male voice spoke as he walked behind me. I face him and immediately knew who he was. "Yes, it's really me- Rodissius."

I immediately stand in a defensive stance and watch him carefully. He held his hand up to stop me from attacking him. "I only want to talk. After all, I don't have any powers anymore. Plus, I can't hurt you. You're family to a friend of mine." He continued as I drop my defensive stance but continue to watch him carefully.

"Why are you doing this? How are you doing this?" I question him.

The villain simply smirked and replied, "My children, isn't it obvious? They're all loyal to me. And we have plans for you, Quake, but only time will tell. For now, Layla!" I flex my jaw just as a silvery cloud moved and then shifted into a red haired girl my age beside the man. "Take care of her, Layla- Don't kill her because we still need her, unfortunately."

"Do you really think she can hurt someone as powerful as myself?" I confidently question him with a smirk on my face, now standing in a defensive stance as was Layla.