Sudden feelings

Tuesday 8:09 am

I had just woken up from bed. I looked over to the window to see the shades wide open and the sun was already up, i squinted at the light. "Hey, Paige you here?" I asked, it echoed in the silence of the hotel room. Well, i wonder where this silly bean went. I managed to get out of bed and brush my teeth, apply my makeup and put on clothes, black again of course. 

*door slams open*  " AH YOU WONT BELIEVE WHO I SAW OUTSIDE" Paige yells into my ear. 

"Do not do that again and what who's outside??" i replied with annoyance in my voice.

"It's Billy he's waiting for us.  So be prepared i wanna make a good impression." she said while spraying perfume all over herself.

"Well your excited huh. Is billy the only one or something, what about the other guys???" i asked.

"Huh. Oh yeah aaron and nick where somewhere in the car i think." Paige replied.

I finished getting dressed so we headed outside to meet up with everyone, Zak was not there sadly. "Hey you guys, so nice to finally meet you!!" i said as i shaked the hands of aaron & nick & billy. It was so obvious that paige was staring right at billy the whole time.

"Alright so we should all go to Zak's place where he'll explain where we will be hunting on friday." Nick said getting the motor of the car running. We all hopped in the car and headed over.

***********

"So the place were going to be investigating is called the Casa Monica Hotel in St. Augustine, Florida.  It's a historical hotel, built in 1888. Although current staff will tend to play down the ghosts, the hotel is known as a paranoral landmark in St.Augustine." Zak explained.

"That's super cool, Florida is my home state." i said.

Zak smiled at me and then said we would be leaving tomorrow morning on the plane. 

"Well, who wants to come shopping with me i need clothes!" Aaron broke the silence.  

"Not me, i gotta go talk to my wife on skype, see you guys." Nick walked out of the room.

"I'll go with you i guess" Billy said as he stood up ready to leave. "Uh wait up im coming!!" Paige darted out of the living room trailing after them.

I then realized i was alone with Zak. In his house. Sitting right next to him. I should just pretend im on my phone. No wait then that will be more awkward. Ok talk. Don't you'll say something stupid.

"Guess its just you and me" Zak said as my thoughts vanished. "Yeah, so what do you wanna do?" i asked meeting his gaze.

"I haven't paid much attention to my dog today, might as well play with her. You like dogs?" he asked.

"yes love them"

He whistled Gracie to come over. We played alot of tug-of-war and a game of catch. I realized i shouldn't be so afraid, Zak was a nice guy. 

" Your into the paranormal huh?" He asked looking at me 

"Yeah i think it's just awesome, if it wasn't for you guys i never would've been interested. Your show really opened my eyes."

He smiled at me sweetly, it made my stomach bubbly. In a good way.

"Come this way ill show you my dungeon"

He led me downstairs into a room, filled with shelves and paintings and strange items. The walls were painted bright red. 

"creepy, but nice" i said

"yea it tends to be a chick-magnetic. That's a joke it doesn't attract anything but a bunch of dead souls."

"Nah that's not true i think it's hot for a guy to collect creepy stuff"

He winked at me. It happened again, i felt my body shiver as if cold water splashed on my face. He had such nice  green-grayish eyes. I made a mental note to look at his eyes more often.