***

I enter inside of the apartment, closing the door behind me, and took off my jacket. "You do know that they're gonna catch up to you, sooner or later. It's been six months, and they're still searching for you. You need to go back to them, Des. They're hurting- and so are you." Reese spoke up in one of the chairs at the desk on her laptop.

"I can't- I can't go back. I'll just destroy their lives, probably even end their lives." I mutter, flexing my left fingers a little and sat on the edge of my bed. "They're better off without me." I move my fingers through my medium length black hair and stood up, going over to the bathroom and looked in the mirror.

I grab the pair of scissors in the drawer and cut my hair to shoulder length again; Then I search the cabinets for anymore hair dye and found the last box of brown hair dye. "Awesome." I murmur, retrieving it and then dyed my hair back to my natural brown.

"Hey, check this out." Reese spoke up after half an hour had passed. She was staring at the news on the flat screen T.V that was mounted on the wall. I walk out of the bathroom after just finishing drying my hair and now stood beside her, my hands on my hips. "The team is going against my siblings, and it looks like they're losing."

I frown at seeing my family getting their butts beat, hurt, and then quickly change into my oldish-new black super suit, buckling up the utility belt around my hips and zipped up the top of the suit, stopping at my collarbone. I put on my old gauntlets on my wrists that stopped at my fingers. My new gauntlets, which helps heals the bones in my wrists and hands better than these, are in mission command. "Be right back, unless you want to go also?" I comment, casting a glance towards her.

"I'll let you handle this one this time. You don't need me." Reese replied.

I smirk a little and then super speed out of our apartment and head straight for the scene; I stop and notice six Laylas and Riker and Roman approaching the Elite Force who was now hurt on the ground. 

I step forward and thrust my hand out in front of me, using my earth ability to send the villains through the air as they all crashed onto the ground a good distance away from us. My bangs flew in my eyes as I glance over at my team, my friends, slowly dropping my hand back down on my side.

"Des, where- why did you leave?" Justin spoke up first, helping Bree stand back up on her feet as the team also stood up. They made their way over to me while I took a reluctant step back.

I didn't answer his question just as Roman shot out an orange energy blast aimed at Bree and Skylar. I super speed in front of the speedsters and shield us with my shield, the energy bolt deflected and shot back to Roman as it hit him, making him fall back on the ground even further away.

I turn around and face the team, walking away backwards. "Stop- Stop looking for me... and just let me go. I'm not worth it. So, please, please stay away from me." I start, my voice breaking. 

Then I noticed the villains trying to sneak up on the team as I stop in my tracks and then step in front of my friends; I drop down on one knee and pressed my right palm on the pavement, sending a shockwave towards them.

They was hit by it and fell on their backs, rolling onto their stomachs in pain. Riker and Layla shifted into pigeons and flew away. Roman exclaimed after the two of them with a grunt, "Riker, Layla! Come back and fight, you cowards!" He looked over at me and stated, "You think you won this battle, but you are so wrong!" He too shifted into a pigeon also and flew away, catching up to his siblings.