*Third Person POV*

"Okay, team, meeting time. Thank you- Wait, where's Des at?" Chase started as everyone was in the basement now except for the super-bionic brunette.

"I haven't seen her since this morning." Kaz replied as Oliver agreed to his statement and nodded, "Me too."

"She was a little too quiet earlier, which isn't like Des at all." Bree added.

"Should we split up and try to find her?" Skylar suggested.

"Hang on." Chase replied while already trying to call Des but would receive no answer from his girlfriend, "Let me try locating her by her chip, maybe she didn't disable it." He typed on the cyberdesk and found that her bionics were disabled temporarily, so no one could track her.

"Now, we can split up and look for Des." Bree spoke up as everyone stood up from their seats and exited the basement.

***

I continue to look out of my window, sitting on the wooden floor in my old bedroom at the Moore residence; I move my fingers over the tip of my shoes without removing my gaze from watching outside of the window.

I didn't want to do anything or be around anyone today. Today is not a good day for me and it just hit me why.

"Today is your twelfth birthdays..." I mutter miserably, my eyes brimming with water now. I let out a sigh and sniffle a little, blinking back the tears.

I had turned off my bionic chip locator and even turned off my phone. A knock sounded at the front door as I let out a small groan and picked myself back up, walking down the stairs and moved over to the door.

I peek through the peephole and closed my eyes and shook my head slightly. It was Donald Davenport. I open the door and let him step inside of the house. "Hey, Big D. What brings you by?" I casually start, smiling.

"Why are you back here, Des? I thought you were staying at the penthouse with the team. They called and asked if I've seen you." Donald began.

"I- I was just... I came back for a glimpse." I murmur, shutting the front door and move over to the couch, plopping down on it.

"Okay. What's on your mind?" Donald asked, his hands on his hips. "What's going on?"

I smiled convincingly. "Nothing, everything is okay, great." I answer as Donald sat on the couch beside me.

"Des-"

"It would be their birthdays today. And I just- it actually truly dawned on me now. They're really gone and it's not an illusion, none of it is." I cut him off, taking a deep breath. "They would be twelve now... Emily and Blake, my little brother and sister..."

"They looked up to you a lot, Des. They saw you for what you are- a hero." Donald replied reluctantly.

"I'm not-"

"But you are, Des. You prove us right every single time in times of danger or threats. You are the one who taught us the definition of what it means to be a true hero. Believe me when I say this, Des, you're a very good person-"