Part 19: Another One

Depuis le début

I exhale as I help Monique up and she looked down at Dakota, "Be good for Ana."

"You okay?" He asks her.

She nodded, "Baby boy wants to come early so I have to go to the hospital."

"Why can't daddy stay?" Nadia asks running to her.

"Because I need him to be with me. He makes me feel safe." Monique whispers and I smile as she whispers, "He has to be there so he can see little Nolan."

"Nolan is coming?" Dakota laughs.

"Yeah." She sat up closing her eyes.

"Go downstairs everyone." I call out and they all ran out.

I stand and Monique exhaled and stood up. She pulled on her pants over her laced red boy shorts. Ana smiled and looked away from her to me.

"Okay, so do you think I will need to stay the night?" She asks, "I bought clothes in just in case."

"You might. I'll call you if you do." I answer grabbing Moniques hand and we walked out to the stairs.

"Demarcus." Deandre runs inside the house and Monique stopped walking down the stairs holding the railing and putting her forehead on her rested arm.

"Hey." Briane caught Raya and looked up, "What's happening? Saya called us."

"She's having some really bad contractions." I answer and looked at Monique rubbing her back.

When we made it downstairs her water broke. I just exhaled and she shook her head walking forward. Before I knew it we were in a room, dressed and ready for a baby boy to enter the world.

"So you have an infection that made it to your uterus which is causing your body to contract. I don't feel comfortable with you still pushing the baby down because he can come in contact with the bacteria sitting in your vagina. So we will be doing a c-section. Right now is the best time because I can tell your body can't handle the contractions anymore." Our doctor explains as the nurses unhooked her from all of the machines.

"Okay." Monique whispers and closed her eyes holding my hand.

"Let's get you dressed." A nurse speaks looking at me, "You can leave everything in this room, you will be coming back."

I nod and stood up after texting Ana. I then walked down the hall laughing as she told me I was losing color.

"Here, eat a couple of crackers so you won't faint." She laughs and I nod stuffing my mouth. I then washed my hands and got dressed in the suit before walking to the next room.

"Take a deep breath." The anastigeoslist speaks and I smile as Monique closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

"Good job, baby." I smile at her as she smiled and looked at me.

"That's good, you got a cheerleader." The man says and they helped her lay back.

"I do. Always." Monique giggled and they got her ready for surgery.

I just stared at my wife a smile on my face as she looked at me and exhaled. We just stayed like that, talking a little bit for what felt like forever. Then we hear the doctor talking about our baby boy.

"He's a pretty big baby." He laughed and I smiled as Monique laughed.

"Wow, he's beautiful." The nurse says and I look back as they walk away with a baby that had no movment or sounds made.

"Is he okay?" Monique asks holding my hand and looking to the right of her.

"We are just going to pump air into him and wake him up." They say and I look at Monique who smiled and looked at me.

"Come on, wake up." I hear the nurses and closed my eyes waiting for his cry I'm going to grow to love but hate at the same time. Then I hear him, "There you go."

"Is that him?" Monique asked surprised and I laughed kissing her on the lips, "Baby, Nolan is here."

"I know." I laugh as she poked out her lips and I kissed her again.

"I love you." She whispers and exhaled starring at me, "I love you so much."

"I love you too." I whisper and she smiled.

"Try not to talk." The doctor says and I smile as he looked at her then down to her stomach a smile forming on everyone's faces as Monique giggled.

"I hope I can do it." Monique whispers and exhaled, "Starting now."

I laughed and kissed her then looked at my baby boy as they handed him to me. He slept in my arms, secure in the thin blanket and I laughed shaking Monique. She kissed him and exhaled.

*Chapter has been RE-READ & EDITED*
~Sorry for any mistakes I'm not good with grammar and spelling and I am the only editor of my books so bare with me.