You Were My Clarity, I Swear

"Danny..." Said ghost king ignored whoever was calling his name and rolled over on the couch. "Danny, wake up. It's 9:30."

"What?!" Danny was suddenly wide awake and already running to the kitchen, "No, no, no! Ellie's late for school!"

"Danny, wait-"

"No time to wait! I've got to get her to school!" Danny pushed Grace aside and started up to little Elizabeth's room.

"I just want to tell you that Ulla and Ember already took her to school!" Grace let out a small giggle. Danny stopped in his tracks and his voice grew low, almost dangerous.

"Y-you woke me up.... for no reason!" He said slowly, scaring Grace quite a bit.

"Um... yeah... I guess?" She stated nervously as she took a step back.

"I'm going to get you for this!" Danny twisted around so that Grace could see the menacing but teasing smile on his face and at that he began to chase her.

"N-no!" Grace squealed in half excitement, half fear. She ran down the stairs as fast as she could.

"You'll never catch me-!" As soon as the words left her mouth, she began to fall face first down the stairs.

"Grace!" Danny yelled, trying to reach for her. But luckily she fazed just in time and ended up going through the stairs and to the very last floor of the palace, leaving her a few flights ahead of Danny.

"No fair! You cheated!" Danny laughed as he flew down to her.

"No way, that was self defense against the stairs!" Danny shook his head, grinning all the more. Before he knew it, Grace was hugging onto him.

"Thanks for trying to save me." Danny hesitantly hugged back, "Though I don't think I need much saving." Grace laughed and let go, leaving Danny feeling empty.

"I guess not..." He gave the ghost girl a half smile. The two were enveloped in awkward silence before Grace spoke up.

"H-hey, we were invited to have brunch with Vlad and Olivia. Do you feel up to going?" Danny smiled, a small redness crossed his cheeks and he nodded.

"Of course. If we didn't go, Vlad would chew our heads off with all the gossip that we'd miss."

"Haha, shall we go then?" Grace smiled and took Danny's arm as they headed for the car.

"Grace! Danny! I knew you two would come!" Vlad exclaimed as soon as he caught sight of the pair.

"Could.. You please keep your voice down? You know how uncomfortable this makes me." Danny pleaded with his energetic friend, pulling his jacket tighter around himself.

"Oh calm down Daniel, no one would know you here anymore." Vlad put an arm around Danny and playfully tussled his hair, "Plus I thought this would be a nice surprise."

They currently sat in the booth of the recently finished Nasty Burger.

"So Grace, how's life?" Olivia asked the small girl as she sat in the corner next to Danny.

"Well you know... life-ful?" They laughed and began to get into conversation, leaving Vlad and Danny to converse on their own.

"Danny..." Vlad said, trying to get his attention.

"Hm?" Danny hummed through his hamburger, only to be met with Vlad's wiggling eyebrows and glancing to Grace. Danny tilted his head to the side in question, clearly not getting what Vlad was hinting about.

"Seems like you and Grace get along quite well." Vlad winked and Danny almost coughed up his burger.

"I-it's nothing like that." He whispered frantically, but thankfully Grace was too caught up in talking to Olivia to hear what the boys were saying.

"Oh come on, you have to have at least some feelings for her, no?"

"No! Vlad, no!" Danny whisper yelled harshly. Vlad was taken aback, and continued to eat in silence as Danny glared at him.

"So, what did we miss?" Olivia asked, both her and Grace turning their attention back to the boys.

"Nothing, nothing at all. We were just discussing my favorite sports team, Danny was arguing with me that some other people were better." Vlad playfully glared at Danny, hinting that he should play along.

"Well that's because they are better-"

"Don't even say it! You have no right to say anyone is better-"

"But-"

"Leave it at that!" Vlad yelled, but not loud enough to disrupt the entire restaurant. Danny shook his head and took a drink of his shake.

"You guys are hopeless." Grace laughed and turned to talk with Olivia again. Danny's stomach lifted when he heard her laughter, his face heated up just the tiniest bit when she spoke, he wanted to know more about her- hear more about her day. He wanted to be near her often, wanted to hug her close. But was it too early to feel this way, he wondered?

"Y/N... I need some advice. It's been three- almost four years since you've been gone. I've started to feel something, that I haven't felt since you were here with me. But I have to wonder... is it too early to start feeling this way?" Danny looked off into the distance, watching the sun disappear over the horizon.

"I'll always love you princess... always." 

I hope you guys have enjoyed this chapter!!! How do you feel about Danny maybe, starting to have feelings for Grace? Anyway, have a good day-night-timezone thingy!!! I love you all my little mini muffins!!! Bye!!!

:P