But There Was No One There At All

"Y/N... I freaked out. I think I scared them, but I-.... I just didn't know what to do." Danny sighed, smiling sadly as he sat once again at the girls' headstone.

"I was getting protective again. Their words.... it just triggered m-my insane thoughts!" He stopped and shook his head, "I hate myself for being this way. I'm so sorry that I have to put Elizabeth through all this. I'm sorry I had to put you through this.... I hope you forgive me princess." Danny stood up and placed a kiss on the headstone just as Grace walked up the small hill.

"Danny, we- you have to take Elizabeth to her doctor's appointment in ten minutes." She corrected herself quickly. Danny nodded and turned towards the ghost girl.

"Alright, let's go."

"Of course." Grace looked past Danny for a moment to smile and give a reassuring nod at Y/N's headstone before turning and walking with Danny down the hill and into the car to pick Elizabeth up for her doctor's appointment.

"It seems you are doing very well considering your condition a few years ago." The doctor claimed, obviously satisfied with Elizabeth's health.

"Yes, your tests came back a week ago and it looks like you are almost perfectly healthy! You might want to still make sure she doesn't do anything that could cause a whole lot of stress but other than that, your highness, your daughter seems to be in excellent shape!" She finished, quite happy with the results.

"So she's clear to go to the beach today right?" Grace spoke up from her seat in the corner of the doctors office.

"Correct, she is free to go. The beach shouldn't be stressful for little Elizabeth at all!" The doctor spoke right before Danny, Grace, and Ellie zoomed out the door.

"Just be careful!" She called after them, shaking her head.

"Come on Ellie, this is going to be fun!" Danny exclaimed, holding his child on his shoulders as they raced down the to ocean water.

"Yay!" Ellie giggled. Right before they reached the water, Danny carefully removed Ellie from his shoulders and held onto both of her hands.

"Ready? Here comes a wave!" Danny grinned and easily lifted Ellie over the small wave. The child let out a small, giddy scream as Danny set her down in the cold water on the other side of the wave.

"Another one's coming! Pick me up! Pick me up!" Ellie screeched. Danny laughed and lifted her over another wave.

"Ellie! Here, let's jump together!" Grace said, taking one of Ellie's hands so that she was in the middle of the two adults. Grace grinned over at Danny. Danny stood there in a daze, wondering how she could smile like that, so bright and comforting...

"Come on Daddy, hurry and jump!" Ellie pulled on Danny's arm, making him come out of his trance.

"Y-yeah! Let's go!" Grace and Danny worked together to lift little Elizabeth over the wave as they stepped over it. All the while Ellie was wild with giggles.

"This is so fun!" She screamed, Danny and Grace lifting her over another wave. After a few more minutes of this, Ellie caught sight of something.

"Wait! What's that?" The little girl let go of Grace's hand so that she could point at the strange sight.

"There are bubbles in the sand!" she exclaimed, running over to see. Danny and Grace followed as Ellie sat on the ground and began to dig. She quickly brought her hands up to her face so that she could see better. The inspection lasted a few more second before Ellie's eyes widened in terror.

"Ah!" Ellie screamed as she threw the wad of sand away from her. Danny laughed and sat down next to her, confusing the little girl. Danny reached down into the sand and pull out a small creature Ellie had never seen before.

"It's alright, it's just a sand crab." Danny grinned, "Here, hold out your hand, he won't hurt you." Ellie hesitated but held up a shaky hand. Danny was careful to place the sand crab in the middle of her palm.

"Now cup your hand like this," Danny cupped his own hand as an example, "... so that the sand crab doesn't crawl away." Ellie did as she was told and slowly cupped her hand, not wanting to make the weird creature move again.

"I-it tickles!" Ellie exclaimed when the sand crab cautiously moved its legs to test its new domain.

"See, I told you it would be okay." Danny smiled, "Now let's find you some more sand crabs!"

The day went by quickly and before they knew it, they were sitting on their towels, watching the sunset.

"This was just the perfect day Danny!" Grace grinned over at the ghost king as she stroked Ellie's hair. Elizabeth had accidentally fallen asleep with her head in Grace's lap, but strangely... Danny didn't really seem to mind, and neither did Grace.

"It sure was." Danny chuckled, "We'll have to take Ellie to the beach more often." Grace nodded before they both turned back to finish watching the sunset.

"Hey princess... I know it's late, 4 in the morning to be exact, but I wanted to talk to you again." Danny sat by Y/N's grave once again, deep in thought, "I wanted to ask you something." Danny paused as if waiting for a response before continuing.

"What would you think if I started to feel.... something....? Something for someone.... that I can't really explain yet?" Danny stopped as he tried to come up with words for what he was feeling, but sadly could find none, "N-never mind." Danny said, looking off into the distance.

"I love you Y/N.... I miss you."

I know this is short... but I'm trying to speed it up to the interesting parts!!! I promise!!! Anyway I hope you all enjoyed this chapter!!! I love you all my little mini muffins!!! Have a good day-night-timezone thing!!! See you all in the next chapter!!!

:P