LA Dreaming

'We are landing at LAX. Thank you for flying American Airlines. Enjoy your time in LA, or welcome home.'

Hunter and I headed to the baggage claim and made our way to the gate. Photographers were going ape this weekend with everyone landing in LAX for the Grammy's. 'Hi Hunter, Jenna, over here!', 'Hunter! Good luck tomorrow!'

Hunter waved as I kept my head down. I tried to hide what I felt was a slowly growing belly with one of Hunter's tee shirts, and black leggings but I'm not sure how well that worked.

We got to our rental car and Hunter checked his phone for his itinerary. His management has him seeing Ellen the day after the awards show, and a call-in radio interview at eight. He likes those the best, he can sit in bed, in his pj's and isn't judged.

We headed to the hotel, parked the rental car and went up to our room. 'Nice view, but it doesn't compare to Paris,' I said, hanging up my award show dress and Hunter's suit.

'I know eh,' He said, 'but you're the most beautiful view for miles.'

By 7:50, Hunter was geared up for his phone interview, and I opted to take a bath. From the bathroom I could hear Hunter's end of the conversation.

'Married life is treating me well. I love being home right now, it's important to balance everything.'

'Jenna's great, we're both keeping busy at our own things. She is Wonder Woman. Yes she did her EP but she is still working at her day job. I'd never make her give that up.'

'Yeah, new album stuff. I'm going to say, it's going to be different, and there will be a deluxe edition released as well. That will include more concert footage, behind the scenes kind of stuff.'

'Yes, thank you for having me! This is Hunter Hayes for CHX 99.6 L.A.'s Country'

I heard him hang up, and walk over to the bathroom. He knocked and poked his head in. 'How you doin' angel?'

'Very good, I was just about finished.' He helped me up and held open a robe for me. We made our way to bed as I fished out some sweats from my suitcase. 'Sorry, baby, I'm kind of hungry.'

'Don't be sorry sweetheart,' He said with a smile. 'What can I get you?'

'Either pizza or a burger. Are you hungry? Grab whatever you want.' Hunter excused himself and headed out to get us food. About twenty minutes later he was back, and I was surfing through the channels before settling on old Criminal Minds episodes.

We demolished our Pizza Hut dinner, dessert cinnistix included. I flopped back onto my pillows, with my hands on my belly. 'That hit the right spot,' I laughed and Hunter laid on his side next to me, one hand on my tummy, he kissed cheek.

Since finding out we were going to have a baby, we hadn't been terribly intimate. The doctor never said it wouldn't be safe to have sex while I was pregnant; it actually never came up in conversation. 'Baby?'

'Yes Jenna,' Hunter said, meeting my eyes.

'Even though I'm pregnant do you still want me?' I asked, shyly.

'Of course babe, what would make you think otherwise?' He said pulling me closer to his warm body.

'I just don't want this to change our intimacy,' I said awkwardly.

'How about when we go to the doctors again in three weeks we talk to him about it.' I nodded and Hunter hugged me tight. We drifted off to sleep, knowing how busy tomorrow would be.

I woke up to the hotel phone ringing at eight AM. It was Hunter's manager.

Hey Jenna, is Hunter there? Or is he still asleep?

I listen carefully and turned to see Hunter wasn't beside me. I heard a rush of water in the washroom. 'Oh, he's up. He's showering. Did you want to come up in twenty minutes?'

'Will do. See you in a bit.'

I hop in the shower after Hunter and we dress comfortably for the busyness the day was bringing. By noon, I had a glam team working on my hair. Hunter was doing another radio interview, and was skyping with a country magazine for some article. I began to see how my three and a half month belly began to show. I was wearing a strapless, loose fitting top to try and hide it. The girl doing my hair was young, full of energy, and very talented. She did my hair half up, and put into loose barrel curls. She probably used half a can of hair spray to hold it together. By four, Hunter was getting dressed and we had make-up come up to the room, and by five we were climbing into the limo for the pre-party and carpet.

'How you feeling baby,' I noticed Hunter was tapping his knee like crazy, 'Don't be nervous. You've done this before.'

'I know. I'm okay. How are you? Comfortable?' I pull my dress up and reveal my flats, 'Never been comfier.'

We pulled up to the stadium, and the door opens to reveal the crazy crowds, held back by security and velvet ropes. 'Hunter! Hunter!' 'Jenna, over here!'

We took a few pictures and Hunter signed a few autographs, making our way around the building to retrieve our seating information and walk across the red carpet. 'Jenna!' I heard a familiar voice and turned to see Selena Gomez gliding in her gown down the carpet. We hugged and took a few pictures together before going our separate ways to our seats. A crew member came up to Hunt to give him the info about his performance. He was going after Lorde, and was second to closing the show.

Hunt's first category came up, Male Country Artist. The other nominees were great and included Luke Bryan, Kip Moore, Blake Shelton and Brad Paisley.

Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran were announcing the nominees, 'The Grammy winner for Male Country Artist is, Ed started, 'Hunter Hayes!' Taylor exclaimed. We jumped up with the applause and I hugged and kissed Hunter and he went up to gather his award.

'I can't believe this, thank you to my label, bandmates, management and team. A huge thank you goes to my family, and my wife Jenna, for all of their support. Thanks to the fans - I would not be here without you!

Hunter was seated next to me again, and we enjoyed Jon Pardi and Miranda's performances, as well as the duet between Danielle Bradbery and Justin Moore. Hunter didn't get the Country Album award, but Male Country Entertainer of the Year award was being addressed. 'The following artists are nominated for this highly prized award; that is Male Country Entertainer of the Year. Blake Shelton, Luke Bryan, Hunter Hayes, Justin Moore and Keith Urban. The winner is,' Reba opens the envelope and announces, 'The Male Country Entertainer of the year is Hunter Hayes for his Play it Back tour!'

Hunter and I hug again, the audience cheered, and he accepted his award. 'Once again, thank you to everyone that works with me, and the fans, my best friends. This all for you guys. Thank you for coming to the shows, rocking out and support me in what I do. God Bless.'

Hunter didn't return to his seat, however he went backstage with guys to get suited up for his performance. 'The next artist is a frequent guest of my show, and I can't wait to see him tomorrow,' Ellen announced, 'Performing his most recent title track, here is Hunter Hayes and Playback'

Hunter had an amazing performance, everyone was up and dancing. The show closed and I was ushered to see him back stage by security. 'Great job babe!' I kissed him and he hugged me tight. We hung around the after party for a few hours and I hung back with Joelle as Hunter posed with his awards.

Back at the hotel, Hunter and I washed up before hitting the pillows. 'What time should I set the alarm for,' I ask Hunter, but I turn to see he was already passed out. I set it for eight and snuggle up to him and drift off.