Jellybean

Hunter and I walked hand in hand to the Nashville clinic. I filled out paper work and Hunter flipped through parent magazines. 'Mrs.Hayes, the doctor is ready for you.'

Hunter and I are then shuffled into a separate room awaiting the doctor. 'I can't believe this is real,' I said, playing with my wedding ring. Hunter placed his hand over mine, his touch was reassuring. There was a knock, and the doctor came in with a chart in hand. 'Jenna Hayes? Pleased to meet you,' he said, shaking mine and Hunter's hand, 'I'm Dr.Goderick. I've got a few questions to go over with you and we'll do a sonogram.' Hunter squeezed my hand in excitement. I nodded and the doctor proceeded

'Do you smoke?'

'No, never have.'

'Do you drink or use recreational drugs?'

'I haven't had a drink since our wedding night, October twenty second, and no, I don't do drugs. Never have.'

'Is this your first pregnancy? And was it planned?'

'Yes and I guess we planned it. We were open to the idea of a baby happening at any time.'

'Okay. Your medical history shows nothing of concern and you seem to live a very healthy lifestyle. When did you notice you were late?'

'October thirty first... Which put me four days behind, which wasn't normal.'

'Okay, so we are looking at you being approximately four weeks pregnant. Are you taking any prenatal vitamins?'

I nodded. I had Joelle go get them for me just to be safe. She bought close to three months-worth, as well as a few parenting books and catalogues for me.

'I'll be right back with a measuring tape and I'll get an assistant to help with the sonogram. Here's a blanket to cover your lap while we do the exam'. He excused himself for a few minutes. 'I can't believe we're a month into this, and we were virtually married a month ago,' Hunter said beaming. 'I can't wait to share this with our families.' He hugged me and the doctor arrived with an assistant in tow.

'Okay, are you comfortable, Jenna?' I nodded as the assistant squeezed the cold ultrasound jelly onto my relatively flat stomach and the doctor turned out the lights. Immediately we heard the whoosh, whoosh sound of the machine and my insides were presented on the screen. The assistant scrolled the handle of the device between my hips below my belly button and I felt a tear run down my cheek when we saw it. 'Here's the baby, it's roughly point thirteen inches.'

I heard a small gasp escape Hunter's lips, 'That's amazing.'

'It is. Now is also about the time the major organs are going to be forming. I am going to get these shots printed for you.' He said, writing a few notes in his chart. 'This looks good so far. Jenna I'd like to see you again in about three weeks for a check-up. Let's get you cleaned up and I'd like to take your waist and hip measurements.'

After I booked my next appointment, Hunter and I walked out to the car. We gushed over the ultrasound pictures the doctor gave us, and decided to nickname the baby 'Jellybean'. 'I don't know if I want to find out the gender,' I said to Hunter. 'I like a surprise.'

He nodded, 'I agree. Do you want Starbucks?'

I nodded, 'Is that even a question. I've got a sweet tooth going on, I'll just have a Passion Tea Lemonade, no ice.'

We retrieved our beverages and headed home. Hunter had to go to the studio and I decided to take a nap. I propped the ultrasound picture beside Hunter and mine's engagement photo.

I woke up to the smell of pizza wafting from the kitchen. I panicked when I saw the time, six o'clock. Crap, I'd been asleep since eleven. I grab a sweater and make my way downstairs, hearing laughter from the kitchen. I'm not in a presentable state but I bear it and find Sam, Joelle and the other band members surrounding the kitchen island.

'Hey sleeping beauty,' Hunter said, coming up to me with open arms.

'Hey sorry I didn't have dinner together.' I said sleepily, 'How are all of you?'

I grabbed a slice of pizza and spent an hour chatting with the guys and Joelle. I loved having company but I felt like I was hit by a ton of bricks. Joelle made some random excuse to pull me away from the guys. I got her upstairs to see the ultrasound pictures and we chat for a bit before I hear Hunter calling me. 'Baby? Where are the photos on the laptop?'

Hunter and I hooked up the laptop to the TV to go through the wedding and honeymoon photos with everyone. 'The photographer did a great job' Matt noted, everyone agreed.

The evening ended shortly after. The guys and Joelle made their ways home, Hunter and I decided to look at getting our flight tickets to go to Canada for Christmas and be in Louisiana for New Years. We know we will be back in Nashville before going to California for the Grammy awards on the fifteenth of January.

'Okay,' Hunter scrolled through the flight options, 'land in Toronto on the twenty -third, leaves the twenty seventh. And we'll be in Louisiana from the twenty seventh to the first?'

'That sounds fine. And we can fly out to California on the thirteenth, leave the sixteenth?'

'Yeah, my manager will organize that. I think they'll want me to do some media. I think I'll be seeing Ellen again.'

Ellen has been a huge part of our relationship, looking back at it. She was the one who announced Hunter's 'off the market', our engagement and wedding. 'She should probably just tell America we're making babies now,' I laugh, Hunter nodded.

'I think she should interview both of us, see who cracks first.' We both chuckle, knowing we both do poorly under pressure. 'Okay, tickets are purchased, now my love, we need sleep.'