Hell's Treasure Chapter 11

Page 67 (8 panels)

Page 67 panel 1

Wide shot.  Angle on the LeBaron with Shaw and Aaron inside as it zooms down the Pennsylvania Turnpike.  Rear angle as the car flashes past a big "Welcome to Pennsylvania" sign along the road.

Shaw (caption): But who knew the road to Heaven would be the Pennsylvania Turnpike?

Shaw (off-panel): So what do you think the angel meant?

Page 67 panel 2

Medium shot inside the car.  Two-shot of Aaron in the driver's seat and Shaw on the passenger side.  Shaw's in the foreground of the shot, gazing at the road ahead as the LeBaron cruises along.  The seats in the car have clear plastic covers on them.

Shaw: When he called us "underworld scum."  When he said we were "damned."  What do you think he meant?

Aaron: That he hates our guts?  That he thinks our whole planet sucks, and so do we because we live here?

Page 67 panel 3

Middle tier.  Reverse angle from panel 2.  Another medium 2-shot of Aaron and Shaw in the car.  This time, Aaron's in the foreground of the shot.

Shaw: And what about us belonging "here in Hell?"  Did he mean New York's like hell to him?  Or the whole world is?

Aaron: All of the above, probably.  He's used to fluffy clouds and harps and pearly gates, right?

Page 67 panel 4

Wide shot.  POV on the hood of the LeBaron, looking in at Shaw and Aaron in the front seat as they talk.

Shaw: Is that what Heaven's like, do you think?  Like in the movies?

Aaron: Maybe.  We already know they have angels.

Aaron: Though he was kind of a letdown, wasn't he?

Page 67 panel 5

Closeup on Aaron.  Still driving, he glances over at Shaw for a second.  He's frowning.

Aaron: I kind'a thought he'd be nicer.

Shaw (off-panel): Join the club.

Page 67 panel 6

Bottom tier.  Closeup on Shaw looking out the side window, distressed and lost in thought.

Shaw: I wonder if they're all like that.  Because that would suck.

Shaw: For my family.

Page 67 panel 7

Closeup on Aaron, seen through the windshield from a POV on the hood of the car.  He's agitated and uncomfortable about the subject of her family.  He doesn't know what happened to them.

Aaron: Are they...did they...

Aaron: You never said why you were...on the roof...

Page 67 panel 8

Extreme closeup on Shaw, reflected (and distorted somewhat) in the side-view mirror outside her window.

Shaw: Yes.

Shaw: They're dead.

Page 68 (7 panels)

Page 68 panel 1

Wide 2-shot, Aaron and Shaw seen from behind.  POV in the back seat of the LeBaron, looking forward.  Shaw turns her head to look at Aaron.

Shaw: I could ask, couldn't I?  The next angel I see.