Ch.15

hi so here's chapter 15!

Pippins PoV:

It's been about two days, or so Gandalf says. I think I have a feeling we are going to get out today. After a while , we take a break in the dark underground land of Moria.

'Merry.' I say.

'What?' He responds.

'I'm hungry.' I say.

'You always are Pippin.' He says and chuckles.

'Merry.' I say.

'What is it Pippin.' He asks again.

'I am getting worried about Julie. She doesn't talk at all, except for when we asked her is she was okay. I mean, I know she's shy, but she is isolating herself from me- from us.' I rant quietly

'Pippin, I don't think it's just her your worrying about.' Merry says.

'What? You are not talking about- I don't like her one bit!' I say in a low whisper so no one but Merry can hear me.

'Pip,' he begins,

'Really Merry. I don't find her likable or attractive at all. Whatever I said before is gone.' I say, trying to make him believe that I wound actually say that. The truth is, I wish I could talk to her for a bit if she wouldn't mind.

'Pippin I think-' Merry starts again, and continues, but I cannot

make out what he says over Gandalf.

'Ah! This way!' Gandalf says.

'Wait how do you know? Merry says, stopping.

'The air is fresher down here! When in doubt Meriadoc, always follow you nose.' Gandalf says to Merry.

I spot Julie getting up from sitting at the edge of an underground cliff. Her eyes look glassy, as if she was crying, but wiped away instantly. She looks at me and I smile at her and wave, but her she gives me a look of sadness and disappointment. She follows Frodo, who follows Gandalf down a stone hill.

Julie's PoV:

Swallowing what little pride I still have, I follow Frodo down a way. I look at my hands to see the worn bandages covering my wound that, it seems, occurred years ago. Sighing, I tear them off, ignoring the pain, and look at the pale-white scars on my fingers and palms.

I wonder if Pippin knew I hear what he just said. To be honest, I expected it. I expected him to not like me because it's true: I am not likable. I am shy and quiet. When I look up, I see that we have wandered into a vast and open hall, with many pillars supporting the all roof. There is a long hallway to my right, and it is faintly illuminated by Gandalf's staff.

We find a large room with ledges and a second floor, and stairs along one wall, but in the middle is what looks like a coffin in the middle.

'...no!' Gimli yells as he runs up to the coffin- like thing. There are many skeletons of I suppose dwarves around, and I see Gandalf walk up to one. He gives Pippin his staff and hat, then picks up a book one holds. He reads what is written.

'They have taken the bridge and the second hall. We have barred the gates but cannot hold them for long. The ground shakes, drums... drums in the deep. We cannot get out. A shadow lurks in the dark. We can not get out... they are coming.'

I turn around to see Pippin touching a skeleton's finger.

'Pippin stop!' I whisper to him, but it's to late. The skeletons head falls off the decayed body and tumbles down the well in which the skeleton sits. It clatters as it descends, with Pippin flinching with each loud noise (because we have been trying to keep our presence from being noticed since we've been here). To make things better, the whole dang decapitated skeleton spills over the well and follows it's head. Pippin has a grave, scared look on his face as the rest of the body makes a noise that might as well be heard by all of middle earth! I look to see everyone else carrying the look of suspense and fear, hoping no one heard that. Gandalf snaps the book shut and takes his things from Pippin.