Ch. 3

Chapter 3! Hope it's good:) enjoy if you want:)

Julie's PoV:

That evening, I was hiding in my room because I hear a guest over.

I walk in the hall and peak over the doorway.

'What are we looking at?' I hear Frodo ask behind me. I whimper and turn around sharply, knocking into him and stepping on his foot. Great.

'S-sorry Frodo' I say quietly and try to avoid eye contact. I feel him smiling at me and keep my head down.

He tucks a piece of hair behind my ear and raises my chin, so I see his pretty blue eyes.

'Raise that head princess your crown is falling.' He says and smiles. I whimper and step out of his way, walking to my room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later, in the midst of the party, I sit at a table alone and try to read one of my books while everyone is dancing. Like I said, I have social anxiety and I am anti-social, so I am not good with people. I've never been. I hear approaching foot steps and hope the person does not notice me.

'Hey Julie, want to dance?' Frodo's voice asks me. I feel myself get smaller and get a rush of shyness I've never talk to a guy until earlier, much less dance with one.

'Do I have to?' I ask.

'If you dance with me, my friend will dance with his crush, and you have had the spare bedroom, so please?' He asks.

'Um...' I hesitate.

'Great! Come on!' He says and pulls me out of my chair.

Frodo eventually left, and I saw my chance to go back and read, so I did. I decide to just leave the party and start walking back to Bag End, but just as I am on the outskirts of the swarm of tents, I spot two guys chasing each other and the start running in my direction. One of them wears a white shirt and a green vest, the other wears a white shirt and a yellow vest. The one wearing the green vest stops when I look at them, but yellow vest runs into him and they fall to the ground.

Pippins PoV:

'Merry! I told you I don't want to play anymore!' I tell him and push him off.

'Why? Its fun!' He tells me, sitting up. I stand and help him up as well, and point to the girl looking at us.

'She is the girl I was talking about!' I say.

'Awww. My cousin has a crush!' He teases. 'I wonder if she knows...' He says.

'Don't you dare.' I warn him as he smirks at me.

'I won't. I won't.' He says.

'Good.' I tell him.

He smiles and dashes in Julie's direction. My eyes widen and I chase him. When she sees us, she steps out of our way, I guess thinking we are not going for her.

'Excuse me miss, but-' Merry starts but I cut him off by putting my hand on his mouth.

'Sorry about him... Julie right? He had a little to much ale, not that he always does.' I say, and Merry takes my hand off his mouth.

'I have not! What I was going to say was that Pipp-' Merry says, but I put my hand on him again.

'Little whoopy. Well nice talking to you! We have to go now!' I say, remembering our plan about Gandalf's fireworks.

I drag him away and take him near the party again.

'Meriadoc Brandybuck! Why would you want to tell her that I like her? Not-not that I do.' I ask.

'Pippin, she is really pretty! She may like you back!' Merry argues.

'You don't know how shy she is. She said probably one word to me when we met.' I say sadly.

'But Pippin- oh gosh! Here comes Gandalf! Get in the tent! I will keep watch.' Merry says. I hide behind the tent until Merry hits the cloth with his hand, signaling me the coast is clear.

'Quickly Pip!' Merry says, helping me into the cart. I grab one immediately and show it to him for approval.

'No Pip that big one!' Merry insists. I grab the dragon-shaped one and show it to him, who is awe-stricken. I hop out of the cart and take the the firework into the nearby tent.

Merry puts it in the ground as I grab a match, and strike it. He is inspecting the firework when I ignite the bottom.

'There! Done!' I announce. Merry pushes it to me as sparks come from the bottom.

'Your supposed to stick it in the ground!' He says.

'But it is in the ground!' I say, pushing the firework to him.

'Outside Pippin!' He reminds me. The sparks get closer to the firework and I start to panic.

'This WAS your idea!' I say as the firework soars into the sky, taking the tent. We both are pushed back and I scream.

Julie's PoV:

I sigh as I watch them walk away and wonder what Merry would've said. I wonder where Frodo and Bilbo are as I walk up the steps of Bag End. Just as I approach the door, I hear a bang and look behind me, to see a giant red firework explode in the sky. It morphs into a dragon and starts to fly. I watch and shake my head as I hear screams from people who actually do think it's a dragon. I see it burst into an array of red sparks in the distance and listen the applause.

'That was good.' I think to myself. I stay outside for a while and listen to people yelling for Bilbo to make a speech. His last words in front of Frodo... for now.

I walk inside and go to my room, shutting the door behind me.

I sit on my bed and look at my purse that is still in my hand. Opening it, I see one of my pictures from when everyone was still around. My parents didn't get in that accident with our old car and die, my grandma was alive as well, my sister, Karen, loved me enough to stay with me, and my Grandpa was sane and not violent.

Yes, my parents and grandma are dead, my sister abandoned me, and my grandpa abuses me. Why else would I be so shy? I sniff and try to hold back my tears. After putting the picture back in my purse, I lay down on the pillow that I am now dampening with my tears. Sometime, I find myself falling into sleep.