Chapter 10

A/N: First if all, I don't own this picture. Second of all, some of you might call horse drawn carriages 'coaches', but for this chapter (and probably forever), I'll be calling them carriages. Third of all, enjoy this chapter!

~

After a silent carriage ride through the streets of Paris in an overly decorated carriage, Philippe and Y/N finally arrived at a large building, which, Y/N assumed was a restaurant. Light was pouring out of the large windows and laughing and chattering could be heard from the inside of the building. There were many people wearing fancy dresses and suits and there were tables dressed in pure white tablecloths. There were two glasses on each table along with a large collection of forks, knives and spoons. The doors to the restaurant were open, and soft sounds of many voices could be heard.

The doors were wooden and in their dark brown wood wood was carved many designs, which circles in the middle, shapes framing the circle, and flowing, flowery designs in the middle. They were all anyone would expect from a fancy restaurant like this; they were elegant, yet conserved and sophisticated. They were beautiful, and so was the inside of the restaurant.

The ceiling was raised, like most ceilings during that time, and there were beautiful paintings on it. The ceiling also had four large, magnificently carved, detailed, curved arches that started from the middle and made their way down the wall. The floor was marble, but it was covered with a red velvet carpet which had gold edges. The walls of the restaurant were smooth and white, and the extra pieces of wood were a light green. All of the windows were decorated with both gold curtains and red velvet curtains, which made one half circle at the top and then draped down to the windowsill. In the middle of the loose pieces, there was a gold piece of cloth that matched the curtains. This piece tied the curtains down to the wall. If one looked from the inside, the gold curtains showed, but if one looked from the outside, the red showed.

There were eight windows: three medium sized ones on the left and right, one large one on the left by the entrance, and one other one, which was the same size, on the right side of the entrance. A few glass pieces were decided into smaller pieces, but they were still beautiful and fit with the building perfectly.

When Philippe and Y/N got inside the restaurant, Philippe told the seating host that he had a reservation under the name, his surname, Chevalier. The host, who was holding two menus walked Philippe and Y/N to their table, a perfectly sized table for two by the window. An array of silverware lay perfectly on either side of the plates, and there were two glasses, face down, on the table. One glass was a wine glass, and the other was a water glass. Both of them were perfectly polished, and were gleaming in the light. They were, in fact, so clean, that one could look through it and see the setting of the restaurant perfectly, though the image was curved because of the shape of the glasses.

When they sat down, the seating host pulled the chair out for Y/N, and Y/N grabbed the arms of the chair, gently pulling it along with her. When Y/N sat down, the host walked around to the middle of the table and said:

"Your waiter will be with you momentarily."

Philippe nodded, and the host walked away, leaving him and Y/N alone.

"So, Y/N, what have you been up to in these past few years?" Philippe asked.

"Well, I worked with the opera house as a cleaner for a bit, and then they hired me as a singer, one who sings with a group," Y/N lied. Once she moved in with Erik, she got promoted to working back stage with the actresses, singers and ballet dancers. She helped make touch-ups on the costumes sometimes and she helped with the set up for the stage. Though Erik demanded that the managers give her at least a minor roll, the managers would never comply, saying that a backstage worker could never be fit to sing, act, or dance. So, Erik got angry at them and caused a whole ring of disasters along with the ones he caused because of Christine.