Part 9 : Tell Me Why

Three cups of beverages are on the side of the table — banana milkshake, strawberry lemonade and bubble tea. Guanlin is teaching me the mathematics subject that I hate the most. Jinyoung beside me is busy finishing his homework. I mean why would he come here?

"Y/N.. It's not like that. You place the number in wrong place." Guanlin scolds me a bit but I just shrug it off. I know his so well, strict when it comes to maths.

I redo the question carefully. I feel slightly nervous as I feel that he is staring at me. I take a deep breath and act like I want to drink my bubble tea. I lift up my head, making eye contact with him accidentally. It's true, he keep looking at me.

"You do it correctly, dear Y/N.."

I choked on the tapioca pudding underneath the drink when he said that words. I cough continuously but only for a while. Jinyoung beside me keeps caressing my back, it calms me a bit.

"Are.. You okay?" Jinyoung worries. I just nod, continuing my works. Completely try to ignore Guanlin who's smirking in front of me.

After a few minutes, I finished solving the question. I give the answer sheets to him, waiting for the result. I take glance at Jinyoung's homework. It's the essay about my best friend.

"Ouh? I'm also not finish this yet. Ahh! Why there's so many homeworks?!" I tell Jinyoung, but he just giggling.

"It's not funny, Jinyoung-ah.." I pinch his cheeks not too strong.

He then hits my hands, try to free his chubby cheeks. I let my hands go and laugh together with him.

EHEM!

I look in front of me. I forgot about Guanlin tutoring session. "Sorry.. I forgot." I apologize.

"Let's get back home or then our mom will get mad." He looks at his watch.

"Y/N.. I better go first as I have to get home early. Bye." Jinyoung tells me while leaving the shop.

Only Guanlin and I, also Daniel, Seungwoo and other customers stay in the shop. I take a glance at Guanlin but he looks unhappy a bit. I walk towards him, shaping the smile in his face by poking his cheeks.

"Why you look so sad, Panda?" I ask him but he just stay quiet, expressionless.

"Nothing..."

I grab his sleeve, tugging on it try to make him tells me the truth. "Guanlin-ah..." I whine.

"Urm... Would you like to eat ramen?" He asks. I know he try to change the topic. I just nod to avoid hurting his feelings. I wonder why he is sad.

×××

At the convenience store, while waiting for the ramen to cook, I watch some videos on YouTube. I keep laughing alone but then I take a look at Guanlin. He's dozing off sweetly, like a baby.

I secretly take the picture of him sleeping. I send it to WannaOne chat group. On the same time, his phone beeped, showing that there is notification. He wakes up, switching on his phone.

"Omo! Kkamjjakiya (like when he saw the ghost in mirror reaction 😂)"

I just giggle and looking at his expression. He stares at me. "Y/N!! When did you take the photo?" He asks desperately.

"Just now, Guanlin..  Ahaha you look so funny.." I laugh over the taken picture. He quickly snatch the phone away from my hand.

"Where is the photo? I'll delete it.." He said while talking whatever button on my phone.

"Yahh!! Don't..."

*feeling so energetic*

My ringtone sings. Someone is calling me but who is it?

Guanlin face suddenly change. He puts down my phone and walk away to the fridge. I look at the caller ID — BaeJin. I swap the green call button.

"Hello?"

"Y/N.. Did you take my pencil case?"

I quickly check my back. There it is, cute yellow Pikachu pencil case.

"It's with me. I'll give it to you if I can this night."

"Really? Thanks."

I end the call. I keep searching for Guanlin but then I notice, his ramen was not on the table. I walk around the store but there's no even his figure.

"Jeogi.. Did you see a tall male student, black hair?" I ask the worker.

"He already left with a cup of ramen and a can of sprite." The worker answers.

I try to call him but he never answer.

Guanlin, are you mad at me?

T B C