↯ f i v e ↯

Present
Gotham City
12:45 P.M.

Haven Harlock had been broken beyond repair, she was shattered into millions of pieces by his words, by her own betrayal towards him. She had ripped herself apart from the inside, she had done this unfathomable deed to herself, he was not to blame. She had her chance and she absolutely blew it, and it killed her inside to want to go back in time and tell him the truth when she could have.

She really did love him. All those unexpected thoughts about his face, his smile, his laugh. She thought about being wrapped in his embrace so strong that it drove her crazy, but she loved it. She loved every bit of it, and it wasn't until it was too late until she realized it.

She now sat with a bottle in her hand, her cheeks covered in the damp, running mascara that used to coat her eyelashes beautifully, praying that something could just end the pain for her. She wanted nothing more than to go back to his room, to hold his face in her palms, to pull his lips to hers and kiss him like she had no tomorrow, but her chance was now ruined.

With a cry of distress, she threw the empty bottle at the wall, the fragile brown glass shattering at the impact. Haven put her face in her hands, sobs wracking her small body entirely as she lied down on her sofa.

She felt so helpless, so sad, so depressed, so regretful, so... so angry. She was so angry that she wanted to inflict terrible things on someone or something, an innocent thing, just like herself. Just like she used to be.

With a sniffle, she sat up, wiping her damp cheeks, smearing the black all over her face.

A plan began to form in the back of her head; a dark, morbid, tumultuous plan, one that would have given her nightmares as a child. But she was older now, she's seen things that not many people at her age have seen. She's been inside the minds of serial killers, of criminals, and of psychopaths and sociopaths.

She's been able to cope with them, because she's had some of that inside of her all along. She's had a part of her that could relate, whether it be a part of childhood, or even personality. They've opened up parts of her that no one should have ever seen, let alone herself.

But what she saw of herself when she looked in the mirror did not scare her any longer. She was merely just a patient, and she could help herself. She was not crazy, she was only in love.

She was so in love that she would kill herself to make him see what she really felt for him.

Before she knew it, she was standing in front of Arkham Asylum, her body covered in black as her face was painted purple and black aimlessly. Her mind was blank, the only thing she cared for was showing Mr. J just how much she did love him, and to do that, she was going to break him out.

They were going to run away together and never come back to Gotham, or anywhere near that wretched place, ever again. They were going to have a happy life, with children, and a long marriage. Or at least that's what she wanted and begged God for.

She merely got flashes of what was happening as she progressed towards his room; the cool feeling of metal in her hand, the sheer sound of gunshots, and the sound of cracking bones.

Her senses only came back in full when she was standing directly in front of his door, two bloody guards lying at her feet. She let out a short breath before her hand twisted the knob, and when she looked inside she saw him, looking at the door, waiting for her.

"I knew you would come back." He spoke, his smile breaking into an enormous case of laughter. Haven only laughed as she ran towards him, jumping up and wrapping her legs around his waist. "I do love you, J." She said, her brown eyes looking up into his blue ones.

He looked at her, grabbing her waist tightly with a smirk before pulling her in for a big smooch. She sunk into his body, but pulled away when the alarms began to blare.

Quickly, she hopped down from J's embrace, reaching her hand out for Joker to grab, in which he did.

Hand in hand, Joker and Haven skipped down the hallway, Haven shooting each guard down that attempted to stop them.

Once outside, the two ran as fast as they possibly could towards the gates before they shut themselves due to facility lockdown. Fortunately, they both made it out before they closed completely, and ran once more until they reached Haven's getaway car, which she had no idea she had bought or stolen.

Once inside, Haven floored the gas and they both headed off down the lonely road, cackling amongst what was left of sanity in the city.

______
A/N: long time no see, eh?

I've gotten a couple of private messages about this book, and people wanting me to update, and I couldn't have been more grateful. Without you guys, this book would have been toast before it even started. <3 much love to you.

And also, I'm very sorry if this chapter seems short and choppy, I wrote it within a day and it usually takes me a couple to write a good, decently lengthened chapter, so I'll have to go back later and add some things.

But thanks so much for reading!

Stay evil, dollfaces.

Much luv,
~KatXoXo