10 (first update)

Omniscient

"Cause if he didn't know" Dennis pointed at Warren. "-and he didn't know" He pointed to Vice. "You knew Daelin. You went to a whoooole fucking seminar about mixing drugs and the side effects. Not one person thought. 'Well damn, Daelin takes a pill every fucking day, that lasts all fucking day, so damn maybe she shouldn't smoke weed as soon as she is presented the opportunity to. The lack of thought doesn't make sense to me"

Daelin wiped the tears from her face as her father paused to gather his words.

"Dad, chill. She doesn't even remember" Jayvon said, handing his sister a tissue.

"Cause she sitting up here with a fucking concussion. A damn brain injury for a dumbass reason. I'm ready to say fuck it and pull all three of y'all out this school"

"Dad-"

"Dad nothing. Somebody around here gotta give a fuck about y'all well being"

"You can get your point across without yelling. She doesn't do well with it" Their mother sat at the head of the bed with Daelin.

Dennis clenched his fist before turning to Warren and Vice. "Anything y'all wanna say?"

"I ain't know, dad"

"No, sir" Vice spoke.

"Can I trust y'all? Can I trust my children to make wise decisions? Is that too much to ask?"

"E-nough Dennis"

He walked out of the room, and their mom cleared her throat.

"He's just upset because when Warren called him, you scared us"

-

"I wish somebody would have told me, but I get it. You're okay now, right?" Paora moved in to kiss me, but I turned my head.

"I think Vice and I are in a good place now"

There was a knock at the door, and Daelin went to get it.

When she opened the door, Vice smiled at her and pulled a dozen roses out from behind his back. "Hey, lady"

"Thank you" She smiled and turned around before walking away.

Paora appeared, putting her shoes on. "Hi Vice, Bye Vice. I'll see you later, Dae. Stay safe"

"You too" Daelin set the flowers on the table for later before climbing into bed.

"I ain't know she was over. My bad"

"You're fine. She doesn't mind" Daelin pulled his arm around her because he wasn't doing it.

He pressed up against her and his eyes started to close. "I'm sleepy as fuck"

The door unlocked, and Jayvon came in and dropped his bookbag. "Greetings"

He went into the bathroom and came out, handing Daelin a pill.

She looked at it before looking at him. "I already-"

"I count them, Dae" He placed a pill into her hand.

She twisted her lip. "The aftertaste is-"

"Stop playin"

Daelin put the pill in her mouth, and swallowed it dry.

"Choke if you want to" Jayvon went towards his dresser and got out some pajamas. "Is the nig staying?"

She looked down at Vice. "I'm not sure"

Jayvon didn't reply, and walked into the bathroom, cutting on the shower.

There was a frantic knock on the door, and Vice's eyes popped open and he felt around his pockets.

"I got anything on me?" He asked himself.

"It is not the police. I got it" Daelin got up and looked through the peephole, and saw that it was Paora.

She opened the door, and Paora pulled her outside.

"The guys. Kyle's friends, like the shooters friends charged at me, and they stole my phone and made me unlock it"

"Did you tell security? Where'd they go?"

"I have my phone now, but they were sending stuff to themselves and they deleted what they sent and I have no idea what they sent cause they deleted the messages and I was warning you"

"Well are you okay? Are you fine?"

"Yes. I was gonna file a report tomorrow, but I don't have any proof"

"Cant you like get a transcript or a statement showing sent messages or something from your phone company?" Daelin asked.

The door opened, and Vice stood there with his hand in his boxers. "Wassup?"

"I got into it with somebody, but i'm okay now. I'll leave you alone" Paora walked away.

Daelin stepped back into her room and Vice laid down.

"Uh, Vice?"

"Wassup?"

"We should break up"

"Aight" He pulled the comforter over himself and rolled over.

"You should go" She tapped him.

"Stop" He pushed her hand.

"Could you please get up?"

"I can't take you seriously. I'm sleep"

"I'm going to sleep with Warren then" She informed, and put her shoes on.

"What, we trading brothers now?" Jayvon questioned and got up. "Let me walk you"

"Stay safe. I love you" Vice didn't bother opening an eye.

"Okay" She spoke softly before leaving the room.

-