Chapter Eleven

Mary...

"Judiah relax." I say rubbing his arm. He continues to occasionally look behind us making me shake my head. I sigh softly and we enter the beauty shop.
"What are you thinking about getting done?" He ask and I release his hand.
"A trim, and maybe dye my hair black." I say and he shakes his head.
"I'm fine with the trim but I like your blonde curls." He says before running his hands through them. I giggle lightly and walk to the desk.
"Hello how can I help you?" A woman says as she fixes her glasses.
"I'd like to change my hairstyle." I say and she nods. "I just want a trim." I say and she smiles.
"Okay, I can do that. And what about the handsome fella behind you." She says as she eyes Judiah. He clears his throat before running his hands through his hair.
"Um... I'm-I'm alright." He stutters and she taps her chin.
"No I've got something for you sweetie, here come follow me." She says and Judiah raises his brows before I grab his hand and sit him down in a seat. "You're natural hair color is coming though, let me give you a cut." She says before dropping something over the front of him. I giggle as Judiah plays with his fingers nervously. The woman grabs a pair of clippers and runs her fingers through his hair. "Tell me your secrets young man because this hair is gorgeous!" She says and he blushes before mumbling a 'thank you'. I sit and watch as Judiah's hair begins to get chopped off. His eyes widen when it lands on his lap and his eyes shoot over to mine.

"It looks great." I let him know and he eases a little bit. Once she's finished she sprays something in his hair and smiles.
"All done! Go look in that mirror over there!" She says and he stands from his seat. He takes in his appearance and smiles before looking back at me.
"I like it." He says softly before running his hand across his head. I bring his hand to my lips before kissing his knuckles and smiling up at him.
"Still very handsome." I say and he chuckles a bit.
"Your turn girlie." The lady beams and I make my way over to the seat. "Just a trim?" She asks for confirmation and I nod. She fluffs my hair up and hums. "Lets take you over to the wash station first." She says and I nod. A while passes and I find myself still sitting, getting my hair done.

I watch Judiah as he patiently wanders around the shop, examining everything

"All done." She whispers to me and I thank her. She gives me a price but before I can reach into my purse Judiah's handing over the cash. She thanks him and he nods before holding his hand out to me. I grasp his large limb and stand up. I do a twirl for him and he smiles before biting into his bottom lip.
"How do I look?" I ask before fluffing up one of my curls and striking a pose. He laughs and wraps his arms around me, pulling me close.
"Stunning." He whispers before letting his lips meet mine. I giggle when we pull away and hug him tight.
"I love being with you." I whisper and he squeezes my waist.

"I love being with you..." He says back and pull away from him with a blush.
"You two can come back at anytime!" The lady says and we thank her before exiting the shop. "Do you want to go to lunch?" He asks me and I nod as we walk down the long sidewalk.
"Where should we go baby?" I ask him and he twists his lips up.
"The first place we pass." He laughs and I join in.
"Sounds like a plan." I say and he wraps his arm tight around my waist as we continue to walk.
...

"Thank you for lunch." I say as Judiah pays our bill.
"Don't thank me, I decided to come here so I have to take care of you." He says and I bite my bottom lip.
"You're such a gentleman." I say and he chuckles before standing from his chair. He grasps my hand and I stand up. "Thank you." I say to our waitress and she sends a quick nod before we exit the restaurant.
"I was reading the paper today... someone is selling a hose nearby, we can go have a look at it tomorrow if you'd like, I know you're probably tired." Judiah says as we stand on the street. He flags down a taxi and it comes to a stop in front of us.
"I'd love to see it tomorrow." I say as he opens up the back door of the car. I slide inside and he's coming in right behind me.
"Where you two headin'?" The driver asks as he looks back at us.
"Sands Inn and Suites." Judiah informs him and he nods before taking off down the road. We sit in a comfortable silence for a while as we watch out the windows. His thumb rubs over the back of my hand as I lay my head on his shoulder.
"Where'd Amaru go this morning?" I ask as I look up at him.
"His cousin place, something like that." He says as the car comes to a stop.
"Will he be back at the hotel?" I shoot another question and he shakes his head.
"No he's staying with them." He replies and opens the car door. We pay the driver and thank him before heading inside of the building.

"Hey!" Someone yells behind us as we make our way towards the elevator. We both swivel around and a man in a suite walks over to us.
"Who is he?" Judiah mumbles, sounding worried.
"I don't know..." I whisper back and the guy smiles once he gets in front of us.
"Wow! Look at her! She looked beautiful from back there but seeing her up close... stunning!" He says and I blush. Judiah eyes him weirdly and wraps his arm around my waist before pulling me close.
"Okay..." Ju trails of and the man chuckles lightly.
"I'm sorry, let me introduce myself. I'm Richard Young, a photographer." He says and I see the uneasiness on Judiah's face. "I'd love to take some shots of your wife." He says and me and Ju both blush.
"We're not married." I say and his brows raise.
"Oh I'm sorry!" He says before placing a hand over his chest. "Silly me! There's no ring!" He laughs making me do also.
"I don't know about this..." Ju sounds from beside me and I look up at him.

"Please baby! It's harmless, just a few photos." I say and place my chin on his chest as I stare up at him. He stares back down at me for a few moments before sighing.
"Fine..." He says giving in and I squeal happily.
"Great! Here's my card, you two phone me at anytime. I look forward to this." He says and I wave at him as he walks away.
"What does he plan on doing with those pictures?" Judiah asks as we proceed to the elevator. I shrug and ponder.
"Maybe he'll send them to a magazine company and I'll become famous." I joke and he smiles.
"All they have to do is take one look at you and you'll be on ever cover." He says and I coo.
"Awe!" I beam and pull him down into a kiss. We finally stop at our floor and we step off and head to our room.

"Do you want to shower with me?" I ask once we finally get inside. He nods and undoes his tie. We kick off our shoes and I lead the way into the bathroom. I let him adjust the water as I slip out of my dress. My undergarments come off next and then I slip into the warm water. I lean my head back and allow the water to soak my hair. I hear Judiah step in in front of me and his hands latch onto my waist. I open my eyes and smile softly at him as his hands begin to roam up my body. "Don't start anything you're not willing to finish Judiah." I warn before turning around, my back now facing him. He laughs lightly and lets me go.
"No, hold me." I say before reaching back to grasp his arms. I latch them around my waist and lean my head back against his broad chest. My hands come up and I hold the back of his head. "I forgot that your curls were cut off." I laugh and he does also.
"And I'm happy you didn't cut yours off." He says before pecking the side of my neck. I giggle and close my eyes as we stand under the soothing water, embracing each other.
_________________________
You guys are probably wondering why I'm updating this so much 💀 well I'm trying to get it up to a point of where my other books are. But I hope you guys are enjoying this. Here's a pic of what Mary is supposed to look like. 👇🏽

Nothing fancy 🙃

Nothing fancy 🙃