21; 'Sweaty, Stinky, Sticky'

Começar do início

I nod at myself and exit the room, making sure I had everything I needed in my purse. I can hear voices at the bottom of the stairs. It sounded like Paige and Liam talking, but I was surprised to head Blake's voice too, but differently. There was no mockery or malice when he inputted into the conversation, simply replying normally. I could hear the strain in his voice where he was trying to keep his cool when Liam said something stupid, and I couldn't stop the goofy grin spreading across my lips at this.

I stepped down the first step on the stairs, gaining the attention of the trio at the bottom of the stairs causing me to stop about halfway down.. Everything was quiet and I started to get nervous. I glanced at Paige and saw the pride on her face as her 'work of art' was revealed to others. I then glance at Liam who was obviously impressed by Paige's work on me, taking in my appearance with a nod. I could tell my the look in his eye that his big brother act was coming into play when he saw the length of my dress. I blush a little and finally turn to Blake, our eyes meeting. His burning, green orbs contained that beautiful golden ring as his eyes openly raked my face and body. I felt his eyes wander every inch of my appearance before a wide grin spread across his lips. "Whoa," was all he could manage as he stepped forward, holding a hand out to me. I take his hand and walk the rest of the way down the stairs, stopping extremely close to him on the ground, his eyes scanning me once again.

"We'll be on our way," Paige said, breaking us out of our trance. I look at her and Liam, grinning a little when I see the glint in Liam's eyes. "Have fun," she hums, intertwining her fingeres with Liam's, guiding him to the front door.

"Not too much," Liam grumbles, catching my eye as a warning for a second before sighing. "We'll meet you there." With that, both of them left, leaving Blake and I to stand awkwardly in the hall.

I take this moment take in Blake. He's wearing a simple, white tee with black, skinny jeans. He's paired this with a pair of black converse and a black, leather jacket. His hair was a styled mess, his black hair sticking up everywhere in an intentional manner. He smelt of mint and lavender, and I couldn't help fall for him more. "You clean up nice," I mange, looking up to meet his eyes, a small grin on my lips.

"Why thank you," he chuckles, a smirk spreading across his face. "As do you." I blush a little, looking down to hide my face. He gently places a hand on my chin, lifting my head to look at him. "Don't hide from me," Blake mumbled, his voice quiet and soft. I blush harder but Blake's hand refuses to let me look down.

We stare for a moment before I pull away, stepping back a little. "We should probably get going before I get lectured by Liam and questioned by Paige." I chuckle a little at the thought of the two pestering me the moment Blake leaves my side.

"Your chariot awaits," Blake jokes, stepping aside with a goofy grin to let me leave through the door first. I giggle a little, doing as told.

Soon enough we arrived at a large house. There were lights flashing and music blaring. Through the window I could see kids piled into the lounge and kitchen, and there were more scattered across the front yard. There were one couple pressed against the large oak, doing unspeakable things in front of too many people.

I cringe a little, not understanding why this was such a big deal to most kids my age, but I guess I'll witness it first hand. "Green?" Blake asks after he put the helmets on his motorcycle, shoving the keys into his pocket as he looks at me curiously. I nod a little, meeting his eyes. "Whats going on up there?"

"This isn't as appealing as everyone makes it out to be," I say honestly, walking towards him so that I wouldn't have to talk too loud and tell everyone my business. "It crowded, probably sweaty, stinky, sticky, and god knows the hormones going around."

Blake laughs at me, wrapping an arm around my waist. "You're one of a kind, Green," is all he says.

I notice Toby's car and smile. "Aren't Toby's friends coming tonight?" I ask, changing the conversation. It seemed that Blake wasn't too fond of the change of conversation because his entire body tenses and I feel his chest vibrate with distaste. He mumbles something incoherently, and soon enough we're too far inside the building to talk without having to shout over the music.

Blake releases my waist and takes my hand instead, weaving through the people effortlessly, dragging a less graceful me behind him. We finally reach the kitchen, but I stumble in and knock into someone. As if fate heard me I looked up to find I had bumped into Axell. "Hey!" I squeal, grinning widely.

On cue he picks me up, hugging me tightly with a chuckle. He was considerable taller than I, and much stronger, making lifting me look as easy as lifting a grape. He soon puts me down and I realize that the whole group were here. Toby and Kira were talking away, but I turned to Jared and smiled. "Hello," I hum. We also hug, but not to the extent that Axell had.

"Hey, nice to see you again," Jared says, pulling away. He didn't smell as pleasing as Blake, and I realized, looking into his eyes to see them far darker than before, that he was already drunk.

"Here," Blake mumbles, returning to my side. I take the cup from him, looking down into it. There was a pinkish, reddish colored liquid in there. I sniff it and I'm pleasantly surprised to smell Strawberry and Lime. I take a sip and know it's alcohol, but I didn't mind because the taste was sweet, unlike beer which was bitter.

"Cider," Blake chuckles, looking down at me with sweet, green eyes. "Your thinking face was on," he said, shrugging. I realized that I was trying to figure out what I was drinking. I blushed a little, especially since Jared gave me a weird look. If my drink represented the night, then I don't think it'll be too bad.