21; 'Sweaty, Stinky, Sticky'

Start from the beginning

"He said eight," I reply, catching a towel that she throws to me from the bedroom.

"That gives us four hours to get the both of us ready. More than enough time. Hurry hurry though!" She chirps, closing the door on my face this time. I furrow my eyebrows but do as I'm told.

I spend nearly ten minutes in the shower, having shaved my legs twice to make sure that I didn't miss a strip, because God is it annoying when your entire leg is silky smooth then there's one hair strip that ruins the whole thing.

I exit the bathroom and gasp when I see my bedroom. I had only left Paige alone for ten minutes and my entire wardrobe was scattered across my bedroom. I see two outfits laid out on the bed where Paige now sits, sorting through lipsticks. "So, this is mine," she hums, pointing to the tight, royal blue pencil skirt that stopped just above the knee, which was paired with a black, lacy crop top and a pair of black heels. "And this is yours," she says, smiling proudly. I can see why, because, although the dress was short, I approved of what she chose for me. It was a simple, black, skater dress with a cutout lace design around the waist. She paired it with a pair of wine red, small heeled, ankle boots. I grin and nod in approval. "Now, lets start on hair an makeup, shall we?"

***

"Here," Paige hums, helping me pull the zip of my dress up. Once on I look in the mirror. It barely covered my bum, but I really didn't mind because tonight I felt like a different person, even if I was only in small heels, compared to Paige's stillettoes.

Paige had straightened my hair then curled it into loose ringlets so that my hair was now sleek, loose, bouncy curls rather than my usual frizzy mess. The sleekness of the style really bought out the deeper reds in my dark auburn hair. My makeup looked professional, which was also courtesy of Paige. She gave me a dark grey smokey eye because she said my eyes were so grey the darker grey eye shadow will help the blue show a little more. My face was contoured and my eyebrows were perfect, along with my natural lashes being long and curled. Paige decided that my lip would match my shoes, so I have a bold, wine red on my lips. When I looked at my reflection I didn't recognize myself, but completely knew the girl who looked back at me. I looked good, and I felt good.

Paige has a lighter smokey eye, consisting of browns and pinks, but she used false lashes to give her a fuller lash look. Her lip was a dark brown so that all her makeup was impacting yet still subtle. The outfit she chose for herself was, obviously, a little more extravagant and I'm guessing that's why she went for the subtle makeup look. The skirt she chose hugged her figure perfectly, and the little bit of skin between her skirt and her crop top was all that she needed due to the cling of the materials she wore.

She joins me in the mirror, a wide grin spread across her lips as her eyes glanced over our reflections. "We look hot."

I chuckle a little, a light blush covering my cheeks. "I don't look like me," I hum, obviously happy that I don't.

We chuckle a little, and Paige hands me a purse that she chose to match my outfit. It was a simple, little, red clutch with a silver chain to hang it over my shoulder. I smile again, reaching up to play with the little elephant that sat on my chest. I hadn't taken it off since Blake had given it to me; I just loved it so much.

As I'm about to ask Paige something I hear the unmistakable engine of Blake's death trap that I'd come to love. I turn to Paige and see her grin excitedly; her mouth was bound to fall off, I just knew it.

I hear a knock at the front door and in that moment thank God that Liam is down there because who knows what would have happened in my father or Toby answered the door. "I'll see you down there," Paige mumbles, nudging my shoulder before leaving me alone in my room. I take one more glance in my mirror, suddenly becoming aware. I hated feeling so nervous around Blake but that was my decision when I decided to let my head know that my hard and fallen and there was no lifting it back up.