|Chapter 11

|Chapter 11

His lips pulled into a smirk as he winked, "No. But I'm sure tomorrow he'll be the one finding you."

With that he sneaked from my room closing the door slowly as I flopped back on the bed, the vibration around me slowly fading the further he got. All I could do was ignore his words and silence my mind, I just needed to fall asleep before reality came knocking.

Except when it did, it was followed by a way too perky Jeremy. "You've slept in for like three hours, get up!" I pulled the covers higher up covering my ears as I groaned into the pillow. Flashbacks of the hours before quickly flooded back as Jeremy walked right up to the foot of the bed.

"Get out please," I begged, my voice muffled.

"No way. We gotta have a rematch and Regan wants to test out the whole 'is your boyfriend still tryna kill you today' thing. " at the mention of his name I jumped up, my eyes flying to the bedroom door frantically as I kicked the covers from my legs and practically flew out of the bed right up against the door keeping it shut. The panic that had burned through me was so sudden it took me a second to actually realize why I was reacting that way and in front of who. "Um . . . okay . . ."

"Not . . . really in the mood for psychic business today." I chuckled nervously as I turned to face a confused Jeremy.

"It's not like you can exactly avoid it either." Okay, when did he become the voice of reason? And when did he think we got so close this invasion of privacy was okay?

Maybe around about the time you straddled him to win a game.

Fair point.

"I'm not. I'll stand there and let him vision himself away . . . later." Jeremy's eyes narrowed in on me letting the silence fill the room as he searched my face. "I promise. I just wanna . . . get out for a bit or do something normal for an hour."

His face softened and if he was trying to figure out my bizarre reaction before, he seemed to have stopped now as a warm smile spread across his lips. I wasn't lying either, sure I was trying to avoid Regan and Ian but at the same time last night's effects were completely gone and I wanted to just feel normal again without the overthinking and the embarrassment and hell even the guilt! One normal day out of all this madness isn't that much to ask, right?

"I've got a perfect idea." He said as his hands flew right into jean pockets, rocking slightly on the heels of his feet. "Stay here."

I didn't hesitate moving out his way as he disappeared from my room letting out a deep sigh as I closed my eyes and ran a hand through my hair.

All this stuff happening between me and Ian and me and Regan was getting too much. When it was all said and done, when my feelings weren't heightened and neither of them were around it was becoming tiring feeling so many things and not knowing how to sort it all out, not knowing where I stand always going backward and forwards.

A few minutes later and there was a gentle knock at the door. I sat on the edge of the bed with my legs curled under me and my shirt yanked over the knees. "Come in,"

Slowly the door opened to reveal a head of shaggy blond hair and bright brown eyes with shards of green. My heart eased from that panicked thumping to a light carefree pump as Shane glided into the room leaving the door ajar.

"Jeremy told me you wanted to leave the house for a bit, have some time away from all the crazy." He smiled down at me, one hand hidden in the back pocket of his black trousers. "I'm about to head out care to join me?"

I waited a moment before replying trying to figure out exactly how a normal day was supposed to go down by hanging with the third gifted sibling. Jeremy was the only one with no powers and he disappeared to bring the complete opposite of what I'd said.