23 || why don't you talk to glenn?

The group sat together in the camp, either eating or cooking or sharpening your weapons. You and Glenn sat together, avoiding the eye contact of Maggie, who had found out and was glaring at you from the farmhouse porch.

You looked at Dale and he nodded, signaling it was time.

"Go," you whispered to Glenn. He ran a hand through his hair, nodding.

"Yeah, okay," he said, standing up and walking to the front of the camp where everyone could see him, sticking his hands in the pockets of his jeans.

"Um, guys?" he started. You bit down on your lip nervously.

Everyone looked at him.

"So... The barn is full of walkers."

Immediately, the atmosphere in the little camp changed. People dropped what they were holding in shock.

Shane stood up and started stomping to the barn, followed by everyone.

He got there quickly, inspecting the crack between the doors. He was visibly angry.

"You cannot tell me you're alright with this!" he yelled at Rick.

"No, I'm not, but we're guests here. This isn't our land!" Rick yelled back.

"This is our lives!"

"Lower your voice!" Glenn told them.

"We can't just sweep this under the rug!" Andrea added.

"This ain't right. Not remotely," Shane said, shaking his head. "We've either got to go in there and make things right or we've just got to go. We've been talking about Fort Benning for a long tim-"

"We can't go!" Rick replied.

"Why?"

"My daughter is still out there!" Carol answered.

"Listen, it's time we consider the other possibility-"

"We are not leaving Sofia behind," Rick said.

"I'm close to finding this girl!" Daryl protested. "I just found her doll a few days ago!"

"That's what you did, Daryl, you found a doll," Shane replied.

"You don't know what you're talkin' about!"

"I'm just saying what needs to be said," Shane replied, yelling at him. "Once a lead is gone after twenty four hours-"

Daryl started trying to swing at Shane, and Rick got between them, trying to break it up.

"And lemme tell you somethin' else! If Sofia was out there, and saw you coming all methed out with your buck knife and geek ears around your neck, she'd go running in the other direction!"

Everyone started yelling and trying to break up the fight. You got in Daryl's line of sight, pushing him away from Shane.

"Hey, stop," you said to him. "Punch him in the face later."

"Let me talk to Hershel!" Rick yelled. "I'll figure things out!"

"What are you gonna figure out?" Shane yelled back.

"If we're going to clear is barn, I need to talk him into it!"

"Hershel sees those things as people," Dale said to them.

"You knew?" Rick asked.

"(Y/N) and Glenn talked to him," Dale answered.

Rick turned around on you. "You knew?"

You nodded.

"And you both waited till morning?" Shane yelled.

"I thought we could survive one more night! We all did!" Dale answered.

More arguing ensued, and everyone started yelling again.

"Just let me talk to Hershel!" Rick finally said. Some people crossed their arms. You sighed in relief because the fight was finally over.

You started walking off when Glenn caught up to you.

"I figured it out," he said.

"Figured out what?" you asked, laughing.

"Who you like," he said, pointing a finger at you. "I was starting to think I was wrong, but now I know."

Your cheeks turned red, and you laughed nervously. "We have bigger problems right now."

"You like Daryl," he said, smiling like he'd solved a murder.

"No, I don't," you said, laughing.

He made a face. "Sure you don't."

"I don't!" you said again, laughing at the thought. "He's not my type. Although, his ear necklace was pretty cool."

"What do you mean he's 'not your type'? What's your type, then?" he asked, seriously trying to figure this out.

"We have bigger problems than what my type is," you told him lightheartedly. "But, we have a little time while Rick is talking to Hershel, so I guess I'll tell you. Or maybe I won't."

"Oh, now I'm curious," he said, laughing.

"Okay, fine," you said, looking at him. "Well... kind. Sweet. Somebody I can just be around..."

You caught yourself just staring at him, and he was staring back. Everything was halted for a few seconds.

You leaned in and kissed him slowly.

He didn't do anything but stand there. He looked confused and like that wasn't what he wanted and-

"I've got to, um, talk to Maggie," you said, turning around as your heart broke.

"(Y/N), wait-"

You tried your best to make your voice sound like you weren't breaking. "I really have to go."

You walked off toward the farm to find Maggie. She was by the chicken coop.

"Listen, Maggie," you said as you approached her. "I know you hate me right now, but you're the only one I can talk to about this."

"Why don't you talk to Glenn?" she asked coldly.

Tears started running down your face. When you didn't say anything, she looked up at you.

"(Y/N), are you okay?" she asked, sitting a basket of eggs on the ground.

You wiped your eyes. "H-he doesn't like me, and I'm acting pathetic, and I sleep in the same tent as him so now I don't have anywhere to sleep, and-"

She hugged you. "You told him?"

"I kissed him."

"And he said he didn't like you?" she asked.

"No, but, he didn't do anything. He didn't say anything. I-I'm sorry. I'm acting stupid. There are bigger problems than this."

"Shh," she said, stroking your head. "It's okay. It's gonna be okay. You can stay with me."

"Does your dad mind?"

"No, he likes you," she assured you.

You kept crying. "I'm acting stupid, I just thought he really liked me."

"Shh, it's fine. He's stupid if he doesn't like you," she said.

You couldn't say anything over crying. You felt sick to your stomach and you could feel the lump in your throat choking you. You felt stupid and embarrassed and heartbroken.