V :: Scream

▲▼▲▼

MORBID BITE

Chapter Five: Scream

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

▲▼▲▼

NICHOLAS'S heart beat at an unhealthy speed, he slammed shut Belle's door, his eyes still closed. Turning slowly, he rested his head back onto the wall and stared up at the plain white ceiling. Lust bubbled through his veins as he slowed down his breathing.

"She looked so beautiful," he whispered under his breath, before hitting the back of his head on the wall. I can't think like that, he thought, before striking his head again on the wall.

Feeling numb and stupid, Nicholas made his way back down to the hallway, rubbing the back of his head as he walked. He had come to like the person he was around her, something about her made him better. He looked back at the bedroom and thought of her long chocolate hair, falling over her ivory shoulders, sighing he rested his sore head in his hand. Before he had time to decide his next move, a horse whinny sounded from the entrance yard.

"How many more people are going to arrive uninvited?" he violently muttered to himself, and then walked over to push open the front door and strolled out into the chill of the afternoon.

A large grey mare stood with her head bent over the water trough and sitting on her back was someone Nicholas could not quite believe was there.

"Sébastien!?" he called out, his voice an almost boy like squeal.

"Bonjour étranger." the young man yelled back in his Canadian accent.

Sébastien jumped down from his horse and strolled over to Nicholas, a sideward grin spread across his stubbled jaw. Once he reached his old friend he pulled him into a manly hug and beat his hand onto Nicholas's back.

"You sound surprised to see me - or is it more that you have a," he stopped to watch a wild deer leap out of the forest, "human visitor." His eyes followed her as she ran across the cobbles.

"What are you doing here?" Nicholas seemed almost in shock, as he stared at his friend, who he thought to be on a long voyage back to Canada.

"Well. When we heard you had taken up residence in your old family home, we..."

"We?" Nicholas interrupted wondering who had been talking about him.

"Your sister and I." Sébastien's answer made Nickolas snap his head around to try and read the expression his friend made.

"You know my sister?" His voice was calm, as he tried to understand Sébastien's relation with his little sister.

"Nico." He knew exactly what his friend was thinking. "Everyone knows your sister." A coy smile spread across his face as he placed a hand on Nico's shoulder.

"Everyone knows my sister?" He put an emphasis on the word, everyone, as he could tell Seb was toying with him.

"Don't think like that you dirty salaud." Seb clapped him on the shoulder and threw his arm around him.

Both of them laughed and carried on walking into the house, talking about why Seb had not t travelled to the new world. Neither of them noticed the black figure that appeared out of the forest, covered in an ebony clock, a jagged knife protruding from underneath its clothes.  

▼▲▼▲

So...chapter five. What do you think. I know I have brought in another character but he is needed, vote, comment and enjoy!

Dedicated to NovayaZemlya, for all the help with editing.

In case you are wondering, Canada was first colonised/invaded by the French in the early 1600s, I am not sure when their accent would have first developed but it has been just under 100 years since colonisation so there would have been a slight accent, even if it is different from what they sound like now.

enchanté: enchanted

étranger: stranger

mon fils: my son

salaud: bastard