Chapter Eighteen: One Down, one to go

Ambrea’s POV

            Morning came before any of us wanted it to. I groaned as Harry shook me to wake me up. “Come on Bre, Louis and Liam are leaving in about half an hour”, he mumbles. I stretch and he smiles at me. “What”, I say. “Your…your hair”, he says. I cross my arms and stick my tongue out at him, I look like chubaca in the morning with my hair. He laughs and I push his arm. I get up and grab some clothes. I go to walk out into the bathroom but Harry snakes his arms around my waist and smiles. “Get dressed right here”, he says. I roll my eyes and turn around to face him. “You’re a cheese ball”, I say and push off of him laying my clothes on the bed.

            I hear him chuckle behind me and I slip off my shirt, quickly replacing it with the new long sleeve one, it’s really cold out. I slip on my skinny jeans and I see Harry pulling out clothes. I smile and leave him to get dressed while I fix my hair. I pull in up in a ponytail and go out into the kitchen. “Oh look what the cat dragged in”, Arianna says. I push her and she falls off her counter seat. I laugh and grab one of the shakes you just add milk to and shake out of the fridge.

            As I start drinking it I hear dragging across the floor. Liam and Louis appear out of the hall dragging there bags. You can tell there happy but sad at the same time. We were all thinking the same thing…

This could be the end of the Five Foster Boys.

            Liam’s mom could want him back, Louis could get adopted, then what. There flown off to there homes, leaving us behind. Soon Liam was hugging me, literally squeezing the life out of me. Harry came out soon and Louis let go of Niall and engulfed him in a hug.

Oh the bromance.

            Once we let go we help them (and when I say we I mean everyone else as I sit there saying encouraging words) get the bags in the van. Were going to ride back with them just to say bye and stuff. So after getting some food we get in and Harry starts up the van. It was quiet, everyone thinking the same thing, and of course I would be the one to ruin the silence. “Come on guys cheer up, it’s not like it’s the end”, I say. “Bre Bre’s right, we should be happy”, Louis says and tosses a random phone my direction to start playing it. “That was mine”, Niall says. “Too bad so sad”, he chirps and I plug it in.

So blast out to 5 seconds of Summer, Niall’s favorite band, as we drive down the highway back to L.A.

            “Size Matters!! I win”, I yell and Louis curses. We were playing the alphabet game with signs. “One letter!” he yells and I roll my eyes. “Ohhhh, turn it up!!” Arianna yells as Olly Murs skips a beat comes on. We were all hyper because we stopped at Starbucks about an hour ago. “How long till we get there”, Zayn asks. “About 30 an hour”, Harry answers looking down at his phone. “That’s too soon”, Louis says. “I know, but hey will be fine”, Anna says. “Yeah, were going to see each other again”, I say. “Yeah, now shut up this is a good song”, she yells and I blast it as we pull into Anaheim California.

            It seems like everything went silent as we pulled up to Liam’s mom’s house. Turns out she’s living here for a while, just to find him. It was a beat up, one story house. The paint was chipping, nothing but dirt in the front yard. We all looked at each other as Harry killed the engine. I took a deep breath and stepped onto the sidewalk. We were all thinking the same thing, this was the ghetto. Would Liam be able to live like this again?

We all walked up to the door and Liam, with bags in hand, took a deep breath to calm himself before ringing the doorbell.

            Two dogs started barking and I heard a woman shutting them up. “Coming”, I heard her yell. As I heard her unlocking the door Liam turned around and into Louis’ arms. “You can do this”, I heard him mumble and the lady opened the door and glared at all of us. She was smoking a cigarette but quickly put it to the side and opened the screen door when Liam turned around.

            “BABY!!” she yelled and grabbed him by the neck hugging him. I could see him crying and he clung to her like a toddler with a bad dream. She softened his hair and he dug his face into her neck.

            I wanted to break down. He finally found his mother again. After they were done hugging she let us all in. “Got a lot of friends here, they all from the orphanage?” she asks as she walked in front of us towards the kitchen. “Not the girls, the girls are just friends”, Liam says smiling. “Just friends huh?” she says before coughing uncontrollably. “Yeah”, he says awkwardly. “Okay, well are you hungry Liam, Nicola just ordered pizza”, she says. “Nicola?” Liam asks and he looks like he’s going to pass out. “Oh yeah!! She’s down the hall, last door on the left”, she says. Liam bolts out of the kitchen and down the hall. I hear screaming and laughing and then it’s quiet.

            We sat there for a sec before Liam came out with his sister on his back. “Photo worthy”, Louis says pulling out his phone. After the pictures taken and Nicola’s off Liam’s back we just stand there. “So I thought we were going to have some family time”, his mom says.

I got the hint.

            “Oh well were just leaving we have to get back up there and Louis has to get the Carols”, I say. “You guys don’t have to go so soon”, Liam says looking at us with tears in his eyes. I got the biggest knot in my stomach. I didn’t want to leave Liam and neither did anyone else. “We’ll see you again Li I promise”, Harry says. Liam hugs him, tight. “Don’t you go do anything stupid you got it”, he says. “Yeah, I know”, he says and holds on to him. After that he looks to Niall. He engulfs him in a hug. “And you stay out of trouble okay”, he says. “I don’t think I can get in that much trouble over winter break”, he says with a smile filled with tears.

            He went to Zayn and gave him a hug, then Louis, telling him to keep everyone safe. Then he went to Arianna and told her thank you for all she’s done. Then he hugs me. “Take care of my baby bro for me will ya”, he says. “Will do Daddy”, I say and he pulls away. “Bye guys”, he says. “Bye”, we all say and head for the door.

            I took one last look at Liam and I felt my heart break. I could only imagine what everyone else felt. We got in the van though and trudged off to our second heart break, the leaving of Louis Tomlinson.

A/N: Okay hi guys, I know I haven't been on in a while and I have a reason. I've been going through a lot (Guy issues, lucky me) and I went through, and am still going through, some dark days. So I'm sorry if the chapters are short or take me like 2 years to upload, I'm trying, I really am. Okay so bye!! Have a nice day, don't forget to comment and stuff! :)