Chapter 3 || Setting In

Please show support for this story if you enjoy it. Thank you.

Writer's POV

After Emma spoke to Ruby, she went to her new foster home. It was a small, but cozy place with a family of two. Or so she though.

Ding Dong

"Oh David, could you get that."

"Mary Margaret, stay seated. You didn't even have to ask!"

As David opened the door, Emma began to become frightened. She didn't enjoy moving or new foster homes and normally the people didn't like her.

Emma,  positive thoughts. It's not going to happen like the last time.

"Hi! You must be Emma. Please come in. We are so excited to finally meet you." The man said. He was taller and had a muscular build. The description the foster system gave her was that he was very old and skinny. Thank goodness I didn't get suck with that guy. Whoever he is. " I'm David Nolan and this is Mary Margaret Nolan."

"Hi! It's such a pleasure to meet you as well . When the foster system came to us and ask us if we would take a 17 year old girl, we didn't even blink. We said yes fast than ..."

"Mary Margaret, slow down. Give the girl a chance to see the apartment." He laughs. Emma's last foster parents never laughed let alone smile.

Flashback~ 5 years
Emma: Age 12

When Emma met Lily, her life became to transform into something meaningful. She no longer was the girl that saw everything in a dark matter but in a matter that was happy and light.

"Hey Lily, let's go ask Mr. Cassidy if we can go uptown."

"I guess but what is there to do Em? He will probably make us take Neal."

"I guess your right."

Neal was Mr. Cassidy actual son. Some people called him Mr. Gold for the amount of money that their family had.

Even though they were so rich, the Cassidy's never could buy Neal what he wanted. He's what you would call, spoiled and controlling.

"Please Lily, I have been saving up for this one necklace and I finally have enough."

"Finnnnnne! But if we have to bring Neal, he's going to make us do something for him. You know that right?"

"Yes but I really need that necklace. It's just something I don't think I can live without."

"Well as long as you know!"

Emma and Lily marched downstairs right to Mr. Cassidy's office and knocked twice.

"Come in and make it quick."

"Hello Sir. Emma and I were wondering if we could make a really quick trip to town. You see Emma has this...."

"You know the rule, take Neal and it's a deal."

"But...."

"Would you like to go to town?"

"Yes." Both girls chimed.

"Go with Neal. Now leave me be. Don't forget to shut the door on your way out. You made the right decision deary."

No one wants to argue with Mr. Cassidy.

Present Day

At first chance, the area looks almost too small for one family to live in. But as Emma continues to explore, it's actually quite roomy.

"I want to thank you Mr. and Mrs. Nolan for letting me stay here with you."

"Emma please, call us David and Mary Margaret. And thank you. We have always wanted someone to take care of."

Emma smiled and replied, "I have only one question though, I was supposed to be with an older couple originally. May I ask what changed?"

"Oh course you can dear!!" Mary Margaret exclaimed. " Well you see, the thing was when we were asked to foster you, they told us that the older couple, your planned foster parents, the lady had gotten quite ill. She had some sort of disease and they didn't want you to be left alone with no one so they asked us!!!"

"Oh, I didn't know that. I hope she gets better."

"Yes so do we."

Since Emma had arrived to the foster home so late in the evening, she could get the chance to hear all the stories that the Nolan's wanted to share with her.
Later that night,  Mrs. Nolan insisted that she tuck Emma in for her first night.

"Emma," Mary Margaret started to say," I really do hope that you have a wonderful time here in StoryBrooke. I want to be the best foster mother that I can be and if you ever need anything, just come to me ok?"

"I think I can do that." Emma whispered with a smile.

"Oh and we have all the school supplies that you need, basically all in red because we heard it was your favourite colour and..."

"Thank you." Emma cut her long speech. "For everything."

"Your so welcome Emma."

Please Like Comment and Share with your friends. Thank you so so so so much for reading!!!
Captainswan scenes in next chapter!
815 words.
@captainofmyheart