New Addition

Justin sat at his desk staring at his computer screen. Frustrated and hungry, he raked his hands through his hair and leaned far back in his chair, lacing his fingers together behind his head and closing his eyes. He wanted to go home. He had been on the set since 6AM and had gotten nowhere with his script edits.

He heard his office door open and close and opened his eyes to find his wife looking at him with sympathetic eyes.

 "Bad day, honey?" she asked.

 "You could say that. But seeing you makes it all better." he said smiling. "What's up?"

"Well, I had a little um... emergency and I was kinda hoping you could help me."

She walked over to him, gathered the skirt of her dress around her thighs and straddled him in his chair.

"So Mr. Theroux," she said softly, settling onto his lap and kissing him gently on the cheek, "can you help me?"

Her voice was low and seductive and the sexy sound of it made Justin's mouth suddenly go dry. He licked his lips and answered "I'll do my best."

Jen kissed him deeply, sliding her arms around his neck and dominating his mouth with her tongue. She felt his hands slide slowly up her thighs and under the band of her panties to cup her buttocks, kneading the soft flesh. She kissed his neck, sucking on the spot where his pulse beat rapidly, and nipping at the sensitive skin just above his collar bone. She rocked her hips, grinding herself on him, and felt him harden beneath her.

Justin gripped her hips and pressed her onto him, heightening the sensation for her, causing her lips to part and a sigh to escape.

Jen's cell phone interrupted their passion.

"Ignore it." Justin growled.

Jen sighed in frustration. "I can't baby, I'm sorry. It could be mom's nurse. She would only call if it were an emergency."

Jen checked her phone and Justin saw her facial expression change from worry to surprise.

"It's Leslie." she said. Her stomach tightened into a knot. They had been waiting for news about finalizing the adoption for months. Jen was afraid to answer in case it was bad news.

"Answer the phone, Jen." said Justin. "If it's meant to be, it'll happen." He smiled reassuringly. "Answer it."

She knew he was right. She took a deep breath and pressed the glowing green button on her phone.

"Hello?"

"Mrs. Theroux? Hi, it's Leslie from the adoption agency. I've got great news!"

Tears sprang to Jen's eyes and she closed them tightly in a silent prayer of thanks as Leslie outlined the final details.. She hung up the phone and looked up at Justin who instantly read her expression. They both yelled in sheer joy and ran into each other’s arms, crying from relief.

Their son was finally coming home.

***********************************************************************

Two weeks later...

Welcome home Kai Landon Theroux!

They pulled into the driveway at about 7:30 that night. Jen sat in the back with Kai who was sound asleep in his car seat. She stared at him, barely able to believe he was real. He was such a beautiful little boy with dark brown curls and long black lashes that framed stunningly clear, emerald green eyes. He clutched Jen's finger in his little hand as he slept and she never wanted him to let go.

Justin looked at them in the rear view mirror. Already he could see the bond forming between mother and son and he fell even deeper in love in that instant.

Once inside, Jen got the baby cleaned up and changed into his pajamas. He was so tired that he never woke. When Jen was done, Justin picked him up and carried him to his room with Jen following close behind. Once Kai was settled in his crib, Jen and Justin stood over him watching him sleeping for the first time in his new home.

"I still can't believe he's here." Jen whispered.

Justin reached down and touched the baby's soft curls. "Me neither. It seems like it took forever for him to get here."

Jen kissed Justin's lips lightly and rested her head on his shoulder. They stood there for a while longer before heading to bed.

***********************************************************************

Jen turned over and reached for Justin but her hand felt only the cold sheets. She opened her eyes, still groggy from sleep and glanced at the clock. 4:15AM. Where was he?

She threw back the covers and went to look for him. Her first stop was Kai's room. It was empty. She checked both offices and the playroom but there was no sign of either of them. As she started down the stairs she heard the faint sound of music coming from the living room. When she entered the room, her heart skipped a beat at the sight before her.

Her husband, bare-chested and bare foot, cradled their sleeping son as he swayed very slowly to the music. Tears stung her eyes at the tender scene. She watched silently from the doorway until Justin turned and saw her. He smiled and motioned for her to join them. Justin carefully shifted the baby to one arm and wrapped the other around Jen's shoulders as she slipped one arm around his waist and placed her other hand on the baby's back.

"He woke up and started crying.” Justin whispered. “I didn't want him to wake you so I brought him down here and I figured a little music would help calm him."

"Looks like it worked..." She said, smiling and stroking the little hand that rested on Justin's chest just an inch away from her face. "..and I don't mind him waking me. I don't want to miss anything."

"I know but you were so exhausted, Jen. You've been going non-stop for weeks getting ready for him and now that he's home, our days of 'sleeping in' might be over."

She smiled and wrapped her arms around her guys and the three of them danced until it the song ended.