Life at the House of Night: Marked: Chapter 9

I tried to keep my concentration fully on the Spanish class, but only to be distracted of the events that had happened so far. This must be one of those "off days." And to make everything oh, so better, that ritual that Zoey was going to with the Dark Daughters was tonight. I sighed to myself, feeling suddenly stressed. I watched as Zoey entered in the classroom but it looked like as if she saw a ghost or something for her expression was a little frightened. What spooked her?

Our last class ended after we finished brushing our horses (not technically ours, but you know what I mean). We put the brushes away and walked to the corner of the oak tree only to find the others being right there, looking as if they were talking about Zoey. They went on with the short talk about Zoey's "bugging" ex as I zoned out. The next topic took me out of the condition that I was in.

"We think that we should go with you to the ritual tonight." Damien said.

Zoey, however, seemed upset about it. I felt as if something went wrong that she didn't like back in the ritual she went to after the Full Moon Ritual.

"No." Zoey said finally.

"We should need to stick together since Aphrodite is out to get you." Damien reasoned. "Besides, everyone's stressed for what happened today."

Zoey seemed to put some thought into it before, to my surprise, becoming mad.

"You say that I have powers that could make me your High Priestess?" Zoey asked, causing them to smile, something that she didn't want to do. "Then listen to me when I say no. I have to deal with this alone and I'm not going to talk about this anymore."

With that, she left us, confused and to be honest, hurt.

"Well, that's not going to stop me from going." I turned to look at the others. "Like Damien said, we need to stick together. We just need to go shortly after them just enough so that they wouldn't know we're following them. Whether you want to come with me or not, that'll be your decision and your decision only."

With that, I left them as well to gather a few thoughts for tonight as well.

******************************************************************************

I climbed to the top of the wall to think but my thoughts were interrupted as I saw a figure in the darkness outside of the school. It looked like... Elliott? He looked skinnier than he did when he died. He looked at me with his red eyes, much like what the girl from the other night had, but he had such a gross smell to him and... had fangs? This wasn't Elliott. Well, it was him but I felt as if his humanity had been severed from him, causing him to be this... thing! He then looked slightly frightened, as if he was looking at someone who could just kill him with one blow. I lifted up my blindfold enough to where I was looking at him with just one eye.

"You have come back from the dead, Elliott." I said. "How?"

He only let out a snarl before disappearing into the darkness. Coward. I lowered my blindfold and sighed. Something was stirring around us, something that wasn't good. One of these days, I would find out. I jumped down from the wall in order to hide from Zoey as she rushed to the rec hall in a black dress and some ballet flats. It's almost time for the others and me to make our move and I was ready.

******************************************************************************

I slipped easily off of the wall and moved stealthily to the rec hall. I moved stealthily before opening the door just a crack to watch them, Zoey included, leave at the back of the hall and... disappearing? Strange. That wasn't the case now. I needed to find the others so we could go. Whether it was their choice of coming or not, they're still going and I was too stubborn to take no for an answer. However, I needed to move fast so we wouldn't lose them. I rushed to look for the others but accidentally bumped into...