~||Chapter 1||~

A/N: Haha, you suckers won't get to know what happened to Tom till chapter 2 ;))))

||Tord's Point of View||

//Northeast of Oslo - 7:00 PM//

The sound of the rain gave me little comfort tonight. Everything was so... grueling. I had lost track of the days, all I knew was that it was 7 at night.

I heard steps outside of my door, probably Irene, my birth mother. I felt foolish really - she worked for the red army as the Head Nurse. She always fretted over me, watching my moves intently at times. I often mistook her actions for a strong passion for helping others, or perhaps a little crush. Boy, was I wrong...

Irene was my mother. My actual birth mother.

"Tord?"

Her voice was hushed and muffled. I'm assuming she was pressing herself against the door. I rolled my eyes, shifting my back fully towards the door. She let out a soft sigh, opening the door. I could see her pained expression through the window.

"What?"

I growled softly, my nails digging into the palm of my hand.

"Tord I...-"

"You what? Are you sorry? Are you sorry you abandoned me in the fricken' snow? Are you sorry you left without a trace? You're sorry that you left me thinking I was messed up - unwanted and not loved? Yeah, cause words are a sure way to make amends! Yeah, you're totally fucking forgiven! Not like I cared!"

I spat, narrowing my eyes trying to keep the tears back. I wasn't looking at her. I couldn't look at her.

She struggled to say something, hesitating for a moment.

"I... Understand you're upset... I-I... I called Pau today."

My ears perked up, my body tensing and relaxing. Pau, Pat... Tom...

"He... Um, he's gonna be coming over tomorrow. Him and Pat." She paused, hesitating for a moment. "I didn't tell him you're alive... I, Uh... Wanted to leave that for you to decide..."

I nodded softly, understanding why. Pau was a realistic man, if Irene called him saying I was still alive, he would've hung up.

"I... I'll let you get your rest tomorrow... Good night Tord."

And with that, she left me to think in peace

------

I woke up to the aroma of eggs and bacon downstairs.

Bacon.

Mmm... Damn, it smelt good. I walked downstairs into the kitchen, oblivious of the time or whoever was there. Making my way to the stove, I grabbed a plate only to be interrupted.

"S-Son?!"

I snapped my head back at the familiar voice, seeing both Pau and Pat sitting there in disbelief.

Ohhhh shit...

I had a feeling this would be something hard to explain - especially since I didn't know how I myself was alive.

Irene shuffled uncomfortably, chuckling weakly. "T-Tord, come sit down... I think it's time we all had a proper conversation about this..."

As much as I hate to admit it... She was right. We all had to sit down and talk about this.

A/N: Okay so I'm gonna explain the names for Tord and his family... Since Pau and Pat are his "parents" their last names will be Lund since(stated in the first book) Tord's last name is Lund as well. Irene's last name is her married name, not her maiden name : P