Fighting Against Nothing // Jughead Jones

Start from the beginning

       "You can come in," I say. She opens the door and walks towards me at my desk.

        "You okay?" She asks.

        "Not really," I say, "but I guess I'll manage." I roll my chair back to face her as she sits on my bed. "I should have known he was still into you."

      "He isn't still into me," She says.

      "He said he picked the wrong Cooper," I say to her, "That literally means he is still into you."

      "He was mad," She says, "he didn't mean it."

     "Whatever," I say, "I need to get ready." She sighs and gets up.

     "Are you walking today?" She asks.

    "Yeah," I say, "it will give me time throw myself in front of a bus."

     "Skylar no," She says. I roll my eyes and she leaves the room. I finish getting ready then head down the stairs. 

     "Skylar Ann Cooper you are not going to school looking like that," My mom says as she walks towards me.

     "Why?" I ask her as I grab an apple from the bowl of fruit.

    "Because they look like pajamas," She says. I roll my eyes. It was leggings and a thin flannel. 

    "I have a nice shirt in my locker I'll switch when I get there," I say as I throw the bag over my shoulder. "Bye mom," I say as I hug her. She hands me my keys and I walk out the door. I put in my headphones and walk down the path from the house. 

  ****

       "Sky!" I hear from behind me as I walk into the school. I turn around to see Jughead.

     "Ugh," I say as I turn away and walk away. 

     "No Skylar lets talk," He says grabbing my arm. I pull away and start to laugh.

    "Betty is with Veronica. They should be in the lounge," I say. I walk to my locker and he stands beside me. 

   "Please Sky can we talk about this," He pleads.

   "No," I reply calmly, I grab my textbooks and slam the locker shut. "Now leave me alone."

   "No Skylar I didn't mean it," He says. I roll my eyes and walk past him to my first period.

 *****

   By the end of the school day, people had started to notice Jughead wasn't around me. Some people, like Cheryl, asked about it. To which I would reply something about how relationships are temporary. I would be asked if I was okay and I would say yes. But I was honestly was just over it. I just wanted to leave. So when the dismissal bell rang I was eager to run out the door. Causing me to run into a familiar red head.

    "Ouch- oh hey Archie," I say looking up from the floor.

  "Hey Sky," He says as he hands me my book I dropped.

  "Thanks," I say. He smiles and I smile back.

  "How are you holding up?" He asks. I sigh.

  "Honestly, not well," I say.

  "How about we go to get milkshakes," He says, "that always used to cheer you up."

"That would be great Arch," I say. He smiles and nods.

  "Then let's go," He says. I follow him as we walk out of the exit. I pull out my phone and send Betty a text telling her where I was going. I catch Archie looking at me out of the corner of my eye. "Texting Jughead?"