Chapter 5

Rayne's POV

I honestly don't think my face could possibly get redder. What Liam did today in front of everyone in my science class has made my blush stay on my face permanently all day. Every body kept giving me curious looks, most likely wondering why Liam Porter would be interested in a gay emo kid. Usually I would be all self-conscious from all of the attention but honestly nothing could effect my mood. I feel like im on cloud 9! Liam asked me out on a date tonight... Its going to be magical, I can feel it!

"Rayne, What is the answer to this equation?" I looked up and saw my math teacher Mr.Herbert had his eyebrows raised at me and that he didn't have an impressed expression. I nodded and looked at the board to see this weird math equation. I stuttered, "Four???" The whole math class eurupted into laughter. Mr.Herbert shook his head at me, "Please pay attention Rayne." I nodded my head. I tired to pay attention to his class but it was so boring!!! Half way through his boring lesson I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket.

I sneakily pull it out to read it, I see its from Liam and I open it to read,

'Meet me at lunch babe! ;)'

I gulp. OH gosh! What does he have in store for me this time? He already gave me flowers, and he sang to me and asked me out... What more could he do? My mind thought about all of the possibilities for the rest of class. The bell rang signaling lunch... I'm honestly nervous to go to lunch but being the good Rayne I am, I pushed myself to do it. I sigh getting up out of my seat and collecting my binders and notebooks. I walk to my locker to shove all of my stupid school stuff inside, before turning and slowly making my way to the lunch room.

When I entered the lunch room it looked like a normal lunch hour, like every other day. I let out a sigh of relief. I scanned the room to look for Liam and I saw him over at the jock's lunch table. I gulp, does he expect me to sit over there with basically the entire football team??? He must be crazy. As if feeling my gaze on him, Liam turns around and spots me immediately. He grins before motioning me over to sit with him.

I walked over to his table, and once I arrived I noticed that the guys on the football team were smiling at me. I put my head down looking at my shoes before greeting them, "Hello..." Liam chuckled before wrapping his arm around my waist, "Rayne Cloud, no need to be shy! I promise no one will bite you!" I looked up at Liam to glare at him, "I know no one is going to bite me. I'm not an idiot!" A few of the football players laughed at my comment.

Liam put his hands up in surrender before giving me his lopsided grin that was absolutely breath taking. I don't know why Liam has always had this effect on me, but I didn't mind. Liam smiles at me before looking at his friends, "Rayne these are my main men! This is Ryan, Carlo, Aaron, Jimmy, Phill, and lastly Trevor."

All of the guys he listed off were all familiar to me. When ever I got beat up by the soccer team they always gave me guilty and sorry looks but never stepped in to help, but I understand why they wouldn't want too... I'm just the gay guy. I smiled at them before introducing myself, "Hi again, I'm Rayne Carter." I spoke louder this time, trying to show them that I'm not some wuss.

The blonde guy with green eyes which is Aaron smiled at me, "Is Dr. Carter you're father?" I blushed before answering him, "Yes... That's my dad and then my other dad owns a restaurant." They all nodded in approval. I looked over at Liam to see him staring at me with his beautiful grin on his face. He smirked before pulling me over to sit on his lap. I couldn't help but blush at this... The guys around the table all looked at him with curious expressions.

The guy with black hair and blue eyes that I believed was Trevor looked at me, "Are you really gay?" I gulped at his question and I ignored Liam's glare at him and answered anyways, "Yes I'm gay. I've known since freshman year." Aaron nods before asking me another question, "How did you realize you were gay?" I blush while sneaking a glance at Liam, "Honestly, I realized I was gay when I saw Liam for the first time in 9th grade."