Morning whispers

The sun through the window always wakes him up in the morning and he always complains about the early hour that he wakes up from him. You would think Derek would have fixes this problem that he's been having for the past 7 and a half months since they moved into the house.

He always wakes up at the worst hours. It's either 8:30, and that's a good day, or either when the sun is starting to actually rise, which is not even 7 yet. Even though he usually goes back to sleep on those days, it still isn't enough.

But there is a bright side to waking up this early. At the old apartment he was usually the one who woke up late. But now of days, he wakes up first.

Which means he gets to see Stiles peacefully sleep next to him.

Somehow he doesn't get affected by the light, and sleeps until 9 each day. That's the bright side of his job at least.

And Derek's job doesn't even start till 10!

Derek turned over in the bed, away from the window, and on his side to look at Stiles. He was laying on his back, his head turned a bit towards Derek. His mouth was open, but he looked at ease.

Derek smiled. He knew that Stiles always had a hard time sleeping at night sometimes. Most nights that Derek watched him, he would either have dark circles under his eyes or looked uneasy.

But for the past few days he looked like this, peaceful and beautiful.

Derek rubbed a hand over his hair softly, causing Stiles to furrow his eyebrows and shift over to his side, his back toward Derek. He murmered a few unpronounceable words.

Derek threw an arm around his stomach and leaned to kiss his ear.

Derek slowly drew circles on Stiles abdomen, Stiles starting to stir awake.

Derek started to whisper in his ear, "I love you." And he saw Stiles half smile, still half asleep.

Derek kissed his neck up and down, whispering how much he loved Stiles, how he was glad that they were together, how he loved waking up to him beside him.

Stiles slowly started to awake. He started to hum at Derek's words and chuckle. Derek bit at his pulse point and Stiles moaned.

"Easy big guy, it's a little early for that." Stiles reached his hand over to rub at Derek's beard. Derek growled contently at his affection. They layed like that for a while. Soon Stiles turned over so he was looking at Derek now.

"Morning." He whispered, Derek looking into his eyes happily. Derek whispered the same words and rubbed along Stiles back. Stiles arched into the touch and smiled at his boyfriend. They give each other a soft kiss then Stiles whispers to him what he wants for breakfest.

Sometimes they just lay there, looking into each others eyes and stay warm in their bed. Other times they'll talk to each other about dreams they had that night. But every morning they wake up to the other whispering sweet nothings into their ear, mostly its Stiles waking up to Derek. But special times or random times it's Derek waking up to Stiles.

He doesn't think he'll ever know why Stiles doesn't wake up to the stupid sunlight through the window, but he will never get tired of looking at his beautiful face in the morning, knowing that that is his beautiful boyfriend, that somehow he got to keep.