First Day

K.C's POV

"Khelani, wake up hun, you're gonna be late to school!", mom alway wakes me up the same way. Only I wasn't asleep this time, I had been up for hours just staring out the window, wondering when things would feel normal again.

I'm 17 years old and my life is already going downhill, the only thing I look forward to is seeing Noah, my best friend. Noah's been my best friend since I moved here 3 years ago, he's the only person I trust. Noah has black hair and icy blue eyes, he's not super athletic, but he is pretty fit. He has a very outgoing personality, he loves standing out because "life is too short to be shy", one of his many mottos. He's a handsome guy, all the girls at school would love to be with him, but he can be a bit rude to most people and since he has strong features that make him look tough and mean a lot people fear him. Although, he's always been kind to me no matter what, especially after my dad died late last year.

"Hey there, how'd you sleep?" Noah ripped me from my thoughts. He was leaned against the large oak tree down the road from our houses, he was smoking his morning cigarette when I walked up to him. I honestly hate smoking, but he makes it look like a desired accessory for the young and rebellious side of me, plus it makes him look hot..."why did I just say that?!"

"Say what?" Noah asked with a look of confusion. Shit, I said that out loud.

"N-nothing, I was just..thinking out loud, sorry." I said sheepishly before looking down at my feet, one of many bad habits of mine.

"You're a weird one K.C, I like it.", he said slyly with that stupid grin of his, its the one that guys give when they think they're cool. Goddamn, he's cool...what the fuck?! Lately my mind has been thinking about Noah, mostly about what we did over summer...agh! stop it brain!

•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•

Noah's POV

"Wake up asshole! You're gonna be late for fucking school!", isn't that line supposed to go a little like "wakey wakey"? Eh, close enough, 17 years of that shit and you get used to it. Plus I was up anyway, I don't sleep much since the incident, but we ain't supposed to think about that.

17 years of living in this shit hole and the only time I feel alright is when I'm with K.C, my good friend. She's been my closest friend since she moved up here from Miami about 3 years ago. She's a babe, but don't tell her I said so, she's got dark brown hair and light blue eyes. For a girl from Miami she's pretty fuckin pale, shes a short girl, about average weight and she's real shy...until you get to know her. All the guys at school are in love with her, she's too good for them though. She's got goals bigger than just hanging out with guys, she's gonna be someone important.

I walked out the house and into the cool September air, I pulled out my smokes and lit one up. Morning cigarettes are the best, nothing better...except pizza..maybe. I headed over to the big tree at the end of our long road, gotta wait up for K.C, she takes long though. Oh shit, here she comes...damn she looks nice..shit, stop Noah!

"Hey there, how'd you sleep?", I asked even though I know the answer. We both haven't slept well in a while..not after..well the thing.

"why did I just say that?!, was her only response and man was I confused.

"Say what?", I said probably wearing my confusion on my face.

"N-nothing, I was just..thinking out loud, sorry.", she's got this way that she looks down when she's embarrassed that makes her look so damn cute. Shit, stop!