Chapter 4 - The Release

Grace 

 "Ow," Stiles groans, using his free hand to clutch his head that isn't on the steering wheel. "What the hell was that for?" 

 I roll my eyes, smacking him upside the head a second time. "For getting me grounded for a month. I mean, are you a complete moron? Wait, don't answer that. I already know the answer!"

 I slump back into my seat in the back, crossing my arms over my chest. I can't believe Stiles is such an oblivious idiot. Vague answers are the correct way to go, you never say yes to a question-- especially when it's our father asking us. Or Sloan... mainly Sloan. The amount of times she has gotten Stiles to trip up on his lies for our "illegal" actions is astonishing. 

 It's also completely unfair that I'm grounded. Well, that's expected, but for a month? Now if this would have happened a month ago, I would have shrugged it off seeing as though I have nothing to do, but now I have to deal with my best friend, Scott McCall, being a werewolf. 

 God, who would have seen the day I'd say that? I'm still convinced I ate something weird the night before and am currently in a weird dream. That wouldn't be a surprise considering I eat Jell-O a lot. I flick myself in the forehead, curious if I could possibly wake myself up.

 "Ow!" I yelp, clamping a hand to my forehead.

 I hear Scott chuckle from his seat in the front. "What'd you do?"

 "I flicked myself in the forehead," I mutter, rubbing the sore spot.

 "And you call me a complete moron," Stiles mumbles in annoyance.

 "Hey!" I argue. "I had a very legit reason for hitting myself."

 "And that is?" Stiles questions.

 "I'm trying to see if I ate some funky Jell-O last night and if I'm possibly in a dream," I explain. "You know, like eating cheese before bed gives you weird dreams sometimes. Maybe Scott isn't a werewolf and this is all an enigma of my imagination."

 "When do I get to wake up?" Scott asks, glancing back at me.

 I shrug. "When my alarm clock goes off."

 Scott smiles softly before turning back around, continuing to look up wolfs bane being used for burial on Google. That's currently the only theory we have at the moment when it comes to the girl we found last night. I shudder softly at the memory of the body. Correction, half of the body... and then half of a wolf. It was traumatic to say the least.

 Scott lets out a groan. "I can't find anything about wolfs bane being used for burial."

 "Just keep looking," Stiles insists to him as I try to figure out the reason as to why he's wearing a blazer.

 He just came waltzing through the woods in a dressy blazer along with a t-shirt. The boy needs a serious change in wardrobe. I wouldn't be surprised if I catch him carrying a satchel in the near future.

 "Maybe it's like a ritual or something," Stiles continues as he drives down the country roads. "Like, they bury you as a wolf. Or maybe it's a special skill, something you have to learn."

 "I'll put it on my to-do list," Scott informs him sarcastically, leaning against the side of the jeep. "Underneath figuring out how the hell I'm playing this game tonight."

 "Maybe it's different for girl werewolves," Stiles continues, ignoring Scott's dilemma.

 "Okay, stop it!" Scott cuts in, annoyed at Stiles for an unknown reason.