Chapter 2 - Run Ins with Derek Hale

Grace

 "This is the last place I want to be at," I grumble as I adjust my backpack strap. "You know, making me sit through chem with Harris is a form of child abuse."

 Stiles chuckles at me. "Come on, let's just go see what this bite that Scott's been talking about is."

 "Or we can just head back to the jeep and leave," I suggest, groaning as I follow my brother down the side walk.

 Quickly spotting Scott, Stiles and I approach him. Walking up to him, Stiles rubs his hands together excitedly as he awaits to see the bite.

 "Okay, let's see thing thing," Stiles says as Scott lifts his shirt up.

 Glancing at his side, I see a white bandage covering it but a few drops of blood seeping through. Stiles being the dumb ass that he is, extends his hand toward the bandage as Scott jumps back in surprise.

 Scott quickly tugs his shirt down as he grabs his bag. "It was too dark to see much, but I'm pretty sure it was a wolf."

 Walking toward the school, I ask, "A wolf bit you?"

 "Uh huh," Scott says, looking at me wide eyed.

 I shake my head. "No, not a chance."

 "I heard a wolf howling," Scott states and Stiles chuckles.

 "Uh, no you didn't," Stiles tells him and Scott glances at us in confusion.

 Scott scoffs. "What do you mean I didn't? You don't know what I heard."

 I shrug. "Yeah, but I do know that wolves haven't been in Beacon Hills in over sixty years."

 Stopping in his stride, Scott asks, "Really?"

 Stiles rolls his eyes. "Yes, really. There are no wolves in California."

 Scott sighs. "Well, if you don't believe me about the wolf, then you're definitely not going to believe me when I tell you about how I found the body."

 Stiles and I glance at each other in amazement as well as excitement. 

 "Are you kidding me?" Stiles asks in disbelief.

 "Nah, I wish. I'm going to have nightmares for a month," Scott tells us, shaking his head.

 "That is frickin awesome," Stiles says with a laugh, but his attention quickly moves to Lydia who is approaching the school. "I mean, this is seriously going to be the best thing that's happened to this town since-- since the birth of Lydia Martin. Hey Lydia, you look like you're gonna ignore me."

 I chuckle as my brother stares at her figure entering the school. He's such a love sick puppy. Facing Scott, I let out a sigh.

 He chuckles before saying, "Uh, Grace, you look really pretty today. I mean, uh, not that you don't look nice every day."

 Looking down at my plain sweater, Aztec print skirt, and ankle boots, I shrug. I didn't dress up too much.

 "Thanks, McCall," I tell him, ruffling his shaggy hair. "You don't look too bad yourself."

 I look at him in confusion as his cheeks flush, but I quickly look away when my brother turns to face us once again.

 "You're the cause of this, you know," Stiles tells Scott. 

 "Uh huh," Scott says sarcastically.

 Turning toward the school as the bell rings, Stiles says, "Bringing me down to your nerd depths. I'm a nerd by association. Scarlet nerded by you."