Chapter 22

We're getting closer to the end now :S Only a few more chapters(Estimating about 8-9ish) before the start of the second book 'A Throne of Winter Roses'

Chapter 22

It was the day of the famed Baratheon-Tyrell wedding, and excitement was heavy in the air. Oberyn hadn't come back yet, most likely getting lost in the arms of Olyvar at the brothel while Aerys stared to the ceiling, her eyes glancing up to the faint pattern of the canopy. Soft roses had been embroidered onto the fabric, and ugly bottle green playing home to its background. She detested them.

A small arm reached out, cupping at the bump that was too wriggly to sit still long enough for Aerys to get comfortable. Nym kicking out his foot before rolling and kicking at a rib, Aerys gasping every time he did. "If you're not careful, you're going to break me Kid." She muttered softly, rolling her eyes with a smile. She didn't mind, it was just a sign that he was alive and well and healthy; and she couldn't wish for more.

Aerys didn't know if it was a girl or a boy but Oberyn was so sure, though she leaned towards it being a girl. Nymor had slowly grown on her and she loved it, even if he might be a she. Her tummy rolled once more, Nym rolling once more. Aerys stood quickly, the pressure too much on her stomach as she heaved quickly into the bowl, the contents quick to spill. Another side effect of carrying an active him, Aerys hoped silently that he'd take after his father. Swishing her mouth out with water, she dabbed at her lips, before slinking - maybe more waddling - back to the room.

Doren had been kind enough to send a neatly wrapped package, the brown paper protecting the contents inside. Aerys lifted it from the side, bringing it with her before sitting down, the package resting gently on her knees. Ripping at the paper, her fingers fell upon a soft material, the colour rich with burnt orange. It felt heavy in her hands as she lifted it; ornate gold glimmering in the flicker of the torch as it caught it, the pattern straight from Dorne.

The gold fringed the bottom of the dress, leaving most of the orange clear with little embellishments here and there before continuing on with the ornateness across the top; it dipping daringly down her chest and back, threatening to show as much skin as possible. The top of the dress had long sleeves, the deep orange now opaque as small crystal glimmered across the soft of the fabric. It was magnificent, beautiful even; one of the best she had ever seen.

She had to thank him personally, thank him for such an extraordinary piece that he made. She stood, the heavy material in hand as she walked over to the wardrobe and hung it in, letting the material settle.

It wouldn't be long now till she had to start getting ready, the heavy navy that decorated the sky soon lifting lighter and lighter; the moon still standing its ground against the blue. Aerys settled in the bed again, bringing the duvet around her small form as she glanced out. She didn't know which direction she was facing, she could barely even here the sea but the thought of her aunt made her homesick. It had been a long time since she had seen them; sometimes the line between dreams and reality would slip and she thought Dany would waltz through the door but she never did. After Nym would be born, she wanted to go back to resume her place, to finish what she had started; to finally conquer Westeros. Aerys didn't know how she was going to do it; just that she needed the Dothraki, ships, and alliances - more alliances.