Chapter 20

Sorry guys, long author's note here!!

I literally just want to thank every single person who reads this story, votes, comments, and puts in it your library because the support has been so huge recently. I started this book a year ago with no idea on where I wanted to take it, or what response it would get but the support it has had is phenomenal. Yesterday (July 31st) saw 79 unique readers to it alone which is so amazing and I want to thank you! It's because of you this book has 21.5k reads(which may not seem like a lot to books that have millions, but to me it means the world). Criticisms and general comments are always welcomed, as are votes and comments (They make my day!). 

I know the direction of the story may seem strange, and you'll probably wonder why the characters are the way they are, I'll give you some reasons. 

a) I can't seem to capture the essence of Oberyn which is annoying because the series portrayed him in a memorable and lovable light that I wanted to reflect that in this.

b) Everything is happening for a reason here, I want to provide another view of the characters you may not have and everything is heading to where I want it to. 

c)There will most likely be a sequel to this book and I don't know whether to split it into a trilogy or just two books; I'm leaning more towards a trilogy because of the ending I have planned. 

Anyway, enough rambling, and for my lovely little following, this chapter is dedicated to you, whether you're a new reader or one from the very beginning, a little thanks for you and all your support :* 

(Finally, the chapter I've been waiting a year to write! Damn me and my breaks and lack of writing.)

Chapter 20

They were sailing for King's Landing, away from the Dornish Coast that Rosie had grown used to; and the nerves had locked her muscles too as they watched the docks get close from the small sailboat. After revealing the pregnancy to Oberyn, they didn't leave their room much until the morning, their bags having already been placed on the ship, and the rest of the Martell-Sands sitting happily at the table.

Many congratulated them on the expected child, happy that another Martell was being born into the world. The baby's sisters eager to speak over whether it would be a boy or a girl, almost all of them believing it would be a girl. They wanted to name her Ashara, after Lady Ashara Dayne or Rhaegar after Rosie's father. Oberyn would just stroke her belly as the girls spoke, not particularly liking either name as they left a bad taste in his mouth. She noticed the more they spoke about the baby, the more he grew protective over it - similar to when a stranger spoke of the Sand Snakes, especially the younger ones.

That was almost three weeks ago, and to say Rosie wasn't hurt as she said goodbye to the girls was an understatement, Loreza almost tore her heart in two. However, that wasn't the last they'd see of her, and they promised to quickly rush back to see the girls after the wedding, Elia particularly happy when they mentioned bringing back a new lance. Rose clutched Oberyn's hand as she gazed at the coming port, her eyes rushing everywhere. Her face screwed as the air soon turned rancid, the smell invading her senses. She could see why Oberyn preferred Dorne.

It was home, well, it felt like home. She could see the Red Keep towering over Flea Bottom; it hadn't changed much since the last time she saw it in the distance, it was still beautiful but riddled with lions.