1

(A/N: Quick things before I start; Yes! It's another 2Doc fanfiction- set in Phase 2. Although I am already about to chapter 7, and the chapters are about 1,000 words each, the updates will be a bit slower so I can work on the upcoming chapters. That's all! Hope you enjoy and feel free to critique and leave feedback! - Rachie)

***

2:17 A.M.

Stuart groaned as he stared at his dimly lit phone screen. He was desperate for sleep at this point. Sure, he had a headache, but it wasn't even that severe! No matter how many times he switched positions, wasted time on his phone, or shut his eyes, he couldn't go back to sleep for the life of him.

And after about thirty sleepless minutes later, Stuart finally decided it was time to take action. Sleeping pills. He didn't like going to that resort- even though he had many times before- but he was unfathomably tired yet unable to go to sleep. To him, it was necessary.

He threw his purple rumpled sheets off of his body and slowly clambered from his bed clad in only a thin, white tank top, and gray sweat pants. Doing his best to dodge all of the random clutter on his floor, he made his way into the halls and up the shifty elevator to the ground floor. (Since Murdoc persisted he get the room in the basement, furthest away from anyone and anything).

As he made his way through the car park, intentions set on going to the kitchen to locate a new bottle of his desired pills, he heard a groan followed by the uneven shuffling of feet.

When a figure finally made itself visible in the faint lighting, Stuart jumped and slowly began to back away, figuring a zombie might've found a way into Kong. It had happened before on multiple accounts after all.

As the figure got closer and 2D's damaged eyes adjusted better to the darkness of the room, he was relieved to find that it was just Murdoc.

"Muds?"

The figure stopped in it's tracks then slowly turned to Stuart.

"Is thaaa' you, dullllard?" Murdoc hiccuped. By his tone of voice, Stuart assumed he must've gotten himself smashed when he went to the bar earlier in the night. While Murdoc usually came home during ungodly hours of the night, wasted and a complete disaster; This was a new low for the bassist. He was totally shitfaced which was something he did only when he was extremely bothered. What could've been so bad that caused him to end up like this?

2D brushed off the thoughts and turned to his best mate; unsure of what kind of treatment he would receive from the bassist in his drunken state, slowly approached him until they were less than a few feet apart.

"Yeah, it's me." He confirmed, his hand nervously scratching the back of his neck. "Do ya want 'elp gettin' to your Winne?"

Murdoc went silent again, hiccuping a few more times before responding.

"Where were you goin'?"

The question takes 2D aback. He was hoping Murdoc would just brush him off or accept the help and forget about it tomorrow morning.

Currently, him and sober Murdoc weren't on bad terms. Sometimes they'd share a relaxing smoke outside, and other times they would just create music together in the studio.

However, he didn't know how much Wasted Murdoc would remember, and how much Sober Murdoc would punish him for it.

"I was goin' to the kitchen." He finally answered, studying the bassist's expression.

"Why?"

A thin line of sweat began to grow on 2D's forehead. He didn't know why Murdoc was so interested in his nightly activities, but he didn't like it. Not one bit.

"I need some pills."

"Anothaaa' headache?" Murdoc questioned further, folding his arms across his chest, eyes dazed and half-lidded.

2D simply shook his head.

"Sleepin' pills."

This caught Murdoc's attention, or at least Stuart presumed it did by the way he straightened his posture.

"Why can't you sleep?"

That was something 2D didn't have answer for. Yes, headaches kept him up occasionally, but this one was barely noticeable. Despite how tired he felt, his body refused to let him catch some shut eye.

"I dunno."

Murdoc's mismatched eyes probed Stuart for a second, trying to decide if he was lying to him or actually telling the truth. Once he came to the conclusion that he was being honest, he took a few more unsteady steps towards the bluenette and threw his arm around the singer's shoulders.

2D jumped at the sensation of Murdoc's warm skin on his, not to mention the current closeness between the two mates. If the bassist actually remembered any of this tomorrow, he'd surely get a beating.

"M-Muds?"

"I've got somethin' in my *hic* Winnebago if you wan'." Murdoc offered drunkenly, his nails lightly scraping against Stuart's neck causing him to squirm.

2D pondered the offer. He knew he'd a dead man if he accepted. Who was he kidding. If Murdoc even caught him within a five foot radius of the Winnebago without his permission, he'd be deader than dead! But perhaps it was the tiredness, or perhaps the brain damaged caused by two car accidents and a far fall from a tree, but he wanted to do it.

Sober Murdoc would never offer to help him with a stupid sleeping problem in a million years. Even if they were best mates (or at least that's how 2D referred to their relationship), Murdoc never showed any hint of genuine concern for the singer. He was tossed aside and beaten when the bassist was mad, and tolerated when he needed a smoking buddy or a new song.

Maybe, deep down, 2D just wanted to believe that Murdoc cared for once. About his issues, his problems... him. Somehow, even if he was drunk, that made it worth it.

Just the thought of him caring was enough.

***