Ch. 28 Heat Stroke Part 2

Start from the beginning

"I can...understand how you feel. But you can't just remove the things you don't like in someone. Even if you created them, you have to let them be what they want. I...I learned that myself."

"With Mega Man?" She asked.

Light looked down at the floor. "No. Someone else. Before I even made him."

---

Tempo was really tired of sitting and waiting.

Light had insisted she stay at Light Labs, and there was basically nothing for her to do in the meantime. She wanted to help Michael and Ice Man in monitoring Rock, but they gave her a testosterone (and whatever the robot equivalent of that was) fueled rejection. As for Roll, well, all she did was clean.

Then again, she was the only other female in the building that she knew of...

She got up and found Roll in another room, wiping down some appliances. "Hey, Roll."

The red robot turned around and smiled. "Oh! Hi, Tempo."

"So...is there anything you like to do around here?"

Roll stopped for a moment. "Well, there's always what I'm doing right now."

Tempo frowned. "No, I mean for fun. Not working."

"Oh! Well, if I get some free time, I keep a knitting bag around."

Tempo shook her head slowly. "My god, you are such a stereotype..."

"What?"

"Nothing. Alright, here's the deal. I guess you can show me knitting or whatever, and I'll show you how real people have fun."

Roll seemed confused. "Do I really need to know that?"

Tempo put a hand on her shoulder. "More than you can imagine."

---

"You've got to be kiddin'"

"Nope."

"We already did this like eight times, and he's makin' us do it again?"

"Yep."

Fire Man and I stared in a mixture of horror and frustration at the large fiery pit of lava before us. The only way across was presented in the form of more "appearing blocks" as we had dubbed them.

"I really hate this guy." Fire Man groaned.

---

Ice Man frowned as he continued to monitor Mega Man and Fire Man's conditions, despite Michael's constant interruptions and apparent inability to be useful for more than a few seconds.

"So, it was never really clarified to me, do you shoot the ice out of your hands, or what?"

Ice Man rolled his eyes. "If you must know, soldier, I breathe it. From there, I manipulate it using my body so that it can function as necessary."

Michael nodded. "Cool."

Ice Man silently begged for him to have a reason to leave.

At that moment, the door beside them opened, and Tempo stepped into the room. "Hey, Michael, we're gonna play Smash Bros., you in?"

Michael jumped up. "Uh, is the sky blue?"

"Technically, given the way eyes detect and observe light means that it's every color but blue." Ice Man replied, feeling the need to point it out.

Everyone just kind of stared at him.

"You know what I mean." Michael continued, as he stepped over to the door.

Tempo looked back over. "Ice Man? You wanna play?"

He shook his head. "I am under orders, soldier, and I intend to fulfill them." He turned to visually confirm his decision, then noticed Roll peeking her head out from the door.

He quickly stood up and walked over. "Although, it would be rude of me not to accept so generous an offer. Allow me to join you for the...whatever you called it."

Tempo sort of smiled, and Michael gave him a strange look as he followed them through the door.

---

Hi.

It's me. The author.

Just thought I'd give a little message.

Don't freak out! The story's not over! Just thought I'd clarify a few things. This chapter took a little while to write, but chapters of all my stories should start coming out fairly quickly soon. That being said, I want to get this part out sooner rather than later, so this segment of the story will be three parts. I don't want to waste many chapters, so this won't happen much in the future.

Thanks for reading, and I hope to get the next part out soon!