Chapter 1

A certain blue hedgehog wakes up to the sun peeking through the blinds. He rolls his eyes as he slips out of bed, putting on his socks, shoes, and gloves. He runs out the house and to the caffe. Amy asked him if he would like to go to the caffe with her and he accepted. He doesn't know why but he did. Just being a friend. He makes it to the caffe to see Amy sitting at a window table. She spots him and waves him over. Sonic smiles as he jogs into the caffe, earning lustful glares from some of the unmarried woman and even married ones. He walks over to Amy's table and sits down.

"Hey Sonic! How are you feeling?" "Good mornin' Ames. I'm doing just fine. What about you?" Amy's smile disappears and she had the look of business. "I called you here for a good reason." She said flatly. Sonic was caught off guard and the smile disappeared from his face. "And what's that for?" Amy tipped her head behind her to the left in a signal to follow me. I nod and we both walk over to the bar and peak around the corner. Sitting at a table close to the fire was Shadow and a strange black and white hedgehog with red and sapphire blue eyes. Half of her was black with white flame patterns on her quills, arms, and legs. The other half was white with black flames and the same patterns.

They were talking but Amy nor Sonic could hear them but what surprised Sonic was that Shadow gave off a genuine smile and even a laugh. "Who is she?" He asked. Amy shrugs as they walk back. "All I know is that Shadow knows her and that they're very close." "Like Rouge and Shadow close or..." Amy shrugs again as she didn't have the answer. "I've been trying to figure out who she is and what she means to Shadow but I haven't gotten anything." Sonic sighs to himself as he starts pondering about this. Whoever this girl is, Shadow is definitely fond of her.

Amy and Sonic finish their lattes and walk outside. "Is there a way I can help you with this mystery of yours?" Amy looks over and smiles. "Well, of course. I've been pondering about those two for almost a year now." Sonic looked surprised. "A year?!" Amy nods as she was also astonished. "Shadow has been talking to this girl for almost a year now or maybe even longer for all we know." Sonic nods thoughtfully. "Should we talk to Rouge about this? See if she knows anything?" Amy puts her hands on her hip and thinks about it. "I mean, she wouldn't have too much knowledge but she might have something."

Sonic nods. "Okay, I'll run to Rouge's house and you go investigate a bit more. Spy on them." Amy rolls her eyes playfully. "I've been doing that." She said as she runs off. Sonic smiles and says to himself "I know you have" and bolts off.

At this point, Shadow and the girl were walking with hands interlocked with each other since they were walking on a pathway in the woods. "Thanks for taking me out Shadow. It's nice to see this place after 25 years. So much has changed." Shadow smiles. "Of course. I want you to see this place after your little disappearance." The girl chuckles and smiles at the hedgehog beside her. "I see that you're doing it yourself." She joked. "Shut up." The girl laughs as they make it to Shadow's house. They enter the house and the girl walks over and sits on the couch while Shadow went into the kitchen to clean the dishes.

After he was done, he walked back out to see the girl's ears down and a solemn mood hung in the air. Shadow sighs as he walks over and sits next to the girl, hugging her by her waist. "I know what you're thinking, Alannah. I miss him too." Alannah sighs as she turns towards him, one hand in his chest fur. "I just wished we could watch him grow." She said sadly. Shadow sighs, upset and starts petting her head. "I know, I know. Me too. But you know that if we kept him, he could've gotten killed." Alannah sighs as she lays against his chest. "I know" was all she said.

They sit there in a solemn silence, the pitter-patter of the rain outside coming down at a calming speed. "Come on, we should go to bed. It's 10 at night." Alannah nods, depressed. They both walk upstairs and into Shadow's room. Alannah plops down onto the bed and Shadow lays down next to her. She turns to the left and stares off at the wall. She feels strong arms wrap around her waist and body heat on her back. "It's okay, Alannah. We'll get him back." Alannah sighs as she turns around and cuddles into Shadow's fur. "I hope."

Sonic and Amy met at his house. "So anything?" Sonic asked. Amy shakes her head. "I couldn't find them after we left the caffe. Must have went off somewhere." A short silence draws between the two before Amy continued. "Anything on your part?" Sonic nods. "Rouge said that she occasionally heard the name Alannah when Shadow was on the phone. She also said she found an old framed photograph of the same girl we saw and Shadow but the catch is is that she was pregnant." Amy was caught off guard. "So they had a child?"

Sonic nods. "It's the most logical explanation for it." Amy sighs. "But when did they ever meet? Who's their child?" These questions neither of them could answer. Yet. "I think we need to speak to them directly." Sonic suggested. Amy nodded. "I think Cream has. We should go to her house to find out anything." Sonic nods. "Okay and then after, we talk to them ourselves." Amy nods back in agreement. She yawns as she stretches. "I'm going to bed. Thanks for letting me stay here tonight." Sonic smiles and waves her off. "No problem, Ames. Anything for a friend."

Amy waves goodnight while Sonic sits on the couch, staring at the blank TV. He starts to ponder about the two, creating theories that both seemed logical and absurd. He yawns as his mind goes blank. He gets up and walks up to his room, shutting the door behind him. He falls onto his bed and instantly falls asleep.