Chapter 5

4 YEARS LATER AFTER GRADUATION DAY

"I miss you too, John. The plane is about to take off. Okay. Yeah. See you soon. I love you too, bye."

"Ladies and gentlemen, please fasten your seat belts." 

You guys may be wondering why I skipped 4 years. College wasn't that important for this story. Honestly, all I did was go to class, do homework, party, slept around, nothing serious. I went to school all the way in California, John stayed in Vancouver, Kiera went to Boston, and Jacob went to New York. We all separated, but over the summers, we would go back home and be reunited. No one really talked to Kevin or Justin anymore. We don't even know if they went to college or not. They said they got into colleges but we lost 100% touch. At least with John and I. 

From what I know, Jacob kept his promise and stopped the kidnapping for good. But his mother passed a year after graduation. She got to live an extra couple months. It was sad, going to the funeral, seeing them in pain. But I know she was glad and proud of them for being successful. 

Jacob changed a lot though, he has gotten more, angry, if that makes sense. He's always mad about something. And Kiera just tries to be happy whenever she can be.

12 HOURS LATER - ARRIVED AT HOME 

I open the front door. "I'm home!!" I see mom and dad running to me, giving me a big hug. "Oh honey I missed you so much. I'm glad you're home now" Mom tells me as she gives me a tight hug.

"Wait what the f- Iz?" John asks confusingly, walking over to hug me. "Why are you- How are you here? I was supposed to come get you" "Well, I wanted to surprise you guys, you know?"

I went into my room and unpacked my stuff. John knocks then walks in. 

"So.. how ya doin sis? How did college treat you?" 

"Good. I mean, it went well."

"I'm sorry we didn't make graduation, we're having a hard time with money right now, not enough money for the tickets." 

"It's okay! Don't worry. It was just graduation. I still have you guys so it's okay."

John smiled and was about to make his way out.

"Wait John, have you heard from Kiera or Jacob?" 

"Iz, did you not hear? Kiera's coming back in a couple days but we haven't heard from Jacob in a little while, Kiera hasn't either. I don't know what's been up but I know they also have some money issues. They basically live on their own now."

I sigh. "Okay I'll talk to Kiera, thanks. Oh, can you shut the door behind you?" John nods and shuts the door on his way out.

I pull out my MacBook and calls Kiera on FaceTime, hoping she'd answer, and she did.

"Hey Iz... you're home?!" 

"Hey!! Yeah I got home not too long ago."

"Darn I thought I could beat you there"

"Ha nice try... hey, where's Jacob?"

"Honestly.. I have no clue. It's been a month and I haven't heard from him. I got a text from him saying he needed a break and space and will be okay and don't need anyone after him. I don't want to like be all up his business. So I told him to text me a week later and tell me he's okay. And he did and that was the last of it."

"I'm sorry... is there any way I can help?"

"No, maybe he just needs all the time and space he needs, you know? Sometimes we're like that but I hope he's okay."

"Yeah me too.."

"Well anyway... it's getting late here, it's almost 3am and my last class is tomorrow so I have to get some sleep."

"Kiera!! It's almost 3am and you have class?? You're crazy."

"Don't worry, it's at 12 but I need to get up early so I have to go now. I love you, bye, goodnight."

"Goodnight, I love you too."

The call ended and it's almost 12am. Wow time flies. 

I was laying in bed, jamming out to music and I eventually passed out.

-

-

-

-

-

What do you guys think about Jacob disappearing? Where did he go? What's he doing? Lmk :)) You guys will find out soon...

|_Daisy_|