Chapter 16: That Which is Lost

Start from the beginning

"Go ahead ask him." He says.

"That's right. It's my burden. But before I do anything, I need to get my other arm back."

"Well that is an interesting fix, isn't it? I mean, if the great Edward can't use his alchemy..." Hawkeye says and the Havoc continues, "He's just a useless teen with a grumpy ass attitude."

I'm sitting next to Hughes and I almost chuckle but when I look at Ed, he doesn't look amused in the slightest.

"Anyway, I have to take some leave now and so does Van. We're going back to our Mechanic. You know the one, don't you?"

"Sure Ed, how could I forget? I saw you in her house, unconscious, with that same stump of an arm you have now, bawling in your sleep, "It hurts! I'm gonna pee my pants!!" So tough." Mustang mocks.

'Don't.' I sign at him then walk out of the room, pissed.

In the end, it was Ed who should have been angry, not me. But maybe I'm mad because he hasn't said a word to me in awhile. Not even any orders. Ed, Al and Armstrong walk out of the office and tell me to pack a bag because we're leaving. I don't see why we need an escort. I could protect my brothers.

When we arrive at the train station, Al is put in a shipping crate and put with the sheep. I sit across from Armstrong and Ed.

Hughes comes to the window to say goodbye.

'Don't let Elicia grow to much while I'm gone.' I wink and he laughs.

"Newspaper?" A kid offers.

"Hey, I've got a message from Roy."

"You mean the Colonel?" Ed asks.

"He said, "Don't die under my command you're enough of a pain without the paperwork." How's that?" Hughes says/mocks.

"Tell him I said, "Fine, there's no way I'm dying before you do, you morally bankrupt colonel with a God complex." Tell him to take this gorilla escort off my hands too."

"Alright, easy." Hughes says with a chuckle.

Then they turn serious and Hughes continues.

"Look Ed, I don't know what Marcoh said to upset you but I have some info you might find helpful. 3 years ago we found the remains of a young girl who had been changed into a chimera. I'm sure you remember."

"Nina?" Ed asks with a shocked look on his face. I gasp and look towards Hughes.

"The way she was torn apart, turns out it's identical to how Scar's been killing people." Our eyes go wide and rage boils inside of me. Images of Nina flash through my mind. Ed smiles and then says,

"Thanks Hughes. It does help. Now I can take him on."

Hughes smirks, "See you in Central. I'll apply for permission to browse through the first branch without restrictions." He says with a salute.

We salute back.

'See you soon.' I smile and then hug him.

I miss home and I want to go back soon.

Third Person POV:
The child that had the newspaper runs to Scar and tells him what he found out about where Ed and Van are going. Scar hands over the boys sister and then, after punching bags of flower, vanishes.