Chapter 2: Body Of The Sanctioned

Vans POV:
By now I was mad enough and walking over.

"You are The Fullmetal, The Fullmetal Alchemist!" Cornello yelled.

"Well that does answer a riddle, why the military would give a pup like you such a stern name. Alchemists forbid there own from making gold out of lead, but there is one practice more taboo. Alchemy. On human souls." by now Al and I were right behind Ed. All three of us looked down with sorry expressions on our faces. This wasn't exactly a go to topic.

"You miserable little children. Dabbling in human alchemy without knowing its penalty."

"You don't know the story." Al said defensively.

"Al." Ed said and I grabbed Al's arm and shook my head no.

"But...we just wanted...we just wanted to see moms face again...see her smile."

Images of our mother flashed threw my head and I couldn't help it. A single tear ran down my face.

"BUT YOU FAILED! DIDN'T YOU?" Cornello yelled and I looked up at him, anger in my eyes.

"Yeah, I'd label that a failure alright. Al lost his whole body, I lost an arm and a leg and Van lost her voice. I ignored every sign post because I was reckless and I wanted it bad enough. Rose, this is what happens when you try to bring back what's dead. Do you really want to go through with that?" Ed was obviously a little angry.

I signed at him 'Who cares what she does.'

"Don't let them scare you Rose, you forget that The Great Sun God Lito has blessed me with the philosophers stone."

"Don't be stupid some things can't be done!" Ed yelled.

"Oh, then why do you want the stone? You want to meet the laws of equivalence, just as I do and bring your mommy back!"

"Wrong, holy man! All we want is to get our body's normal again. See we don't lie about what's possible. We didn't start a cult." Ed and I smirked.

"We will ask one more time, please give us the stone." Alphonse said.

Even when he's angry he's polite. I giggle to myself.

Cornello made a machine gun out of his walking stick.

"SINNERS!!" he yelled.

He began to shoot but Ed made a wall to protect us from the bullets.

"Close call." Ed said with a nervous grin and a sweat drop, Rose had a somewhat relieved look on her face.

Guards ran to the door, Cray leading them.

"You..." Cray said and started shooting at Al.

"This way!" Ed yelled over the gunfire.

We ran after him.

"Fools you're running into a dead end." Cornello said while laughing.

"Well like I always say, can't find a door, make your own!" Ed yelled.

A door appeared and we all ran out. The guards followed behind us.

Third person POV:
Cornello brought Rose to a room and showed her Cane.

"Rose?"

"Cane." Rose said happily.

"Rose."

With tears in her eyes, Rose was about to walk over to Cane but Cornello stopped her.

"The Sun God has rewarded you for your faith. Your true loves soul has been resurrected. But the work is not finished yet, his body still needs a few more days."