Chapter 9: What I Really Love

AN: Hello, good friends! Thanks for pushing me to continue doing this, I find it really fun! Welp, I just wanted to send another thank you to all my loyal readers that are sticking with me through the long wait times. Thanks again everyone, and enjoy!!!! Also side note, I really enjoy writing the texting scenes. What do you guys think??

~

Lines of crisp ink that wove along the fibres of cream coloured paper, danced through my vision. My hand glided across the sheet, pen in hand- and I could feel the beating of my heart in sync with my thoughts that guided that hand. Such a feeling was so serene- nostalgic and familiar yet all too foreign. It had been so long since I worked on a piece of art for my own sake, and I had never felt better. Still though, I was hesitant.

Although desires were now completely in my control, along with the voice inside that guided me through, there were still 2 paths that lay ahead of the crossroads I was at. The problem was not my ability to go down either path. I was on my horse, reign ready to start again. Yet that hand holding the reign was unsure- indecisive about which way I should head. When I reached the end, which patch of grass would be greener, I wonder? On one hand, I had been working towards engineering for so long. It had become another passion of mine, and I was well along that path, getting the credits I needed and making connections that would help me go far. I'm sure I would have been happy staying on the main road. Still though, there was a fire within me- a fire that burned down the wall that previously was blocking the 2nd path ahead. The path of beauty and art that surely led to Eden, but undoubtedly would be a bumpier journey. Harsh critics and a sea of others that also begged for attention. Why would I stand out? I would have to start my portfolio now, and even if I was once known as a child prodigy, none of that matters when one enters the real world. I might end up starving, outside in the cold- after abandoning a path of success I knowingly could have followed. Really, the question was if my fire was hot enough to warm those cold hands. And that, I did not know.

Sighing in defeat, I lay down my pen. It wasn't that I was out of inspiration- rather there was a multitude of that threatening to burst after all these years. I was merely out of motivation to convey all such ideas. Instead, my drooping hand favoured the small rectangular device sitting on the quaint bedroom stand.

You entered the chatroom

Me: Yusuke? Do you have some time right now?

Yusuke: O_O

Yusuke: Of course, my dear! I'm so happy you messaged me, it's quite rare for you. Is there something I can do for you? Would you like to call so I can hear your lovely voice?

Yusuke: Ahahahahaha, I'm so happy I could jump up in joy!

His burst of affection tickled my heart, lifting my spirits and making me giggle. It was quite early in the morning for me to be receiving his sweet, sweet words, which pleasantly surprised me. This man always knew how to make me feel better, even without knowing it. Quietly, I wondered if we could be like this forever.

Me: Well, there's been something on my mind for a while... I thought you might be able to help.

Yusuke: Hm, I've got some free time. What is it?

Me: I was hoping we could maybe meet in person... want to visit a café? I'll pay if you're a little low on cash right now.

Yusuke: Oh, my sweet. Are you trying to invite me out on a date? In that case, I couldn't possibly let you pay. We can make it dinner, if you'd like~

Me: Don't think of it like that! Um, it's just that something was bothering me. If I'm making you listen to me, I don't want you to go out of your way to make it all fancy.