Chapter seven.

LEO'S POV

"There's a sick party going on down the street tonight, why don't we all go?"

I found myself rolling my eyes at Matt's suggestion. I wasn't in the mood to party right now. I just wanted to sleep or listen to music or something like that. It was only ten at night and I somehow found myself growing tired.

I haven't seen or spoken to Lauren all day. I wanted to apologize about what happened last night this morning when I woke up, but she was nowhere to be found. I later found out that she was at the beach with "friends".

I don't like that Leland kid. She's literally just met this kid last week or whatever and she's all head over heels for him.

"Can't we just chill for one night?" I suggested. "We've been doing something every night this whole trip."

"Why are you being so fucking boring today? It's vacation! You always gotta do something. We're going."

I let out a groan in reply. Whatever. We'll be home in a few days and I can finally get back to doing my own shit.

"Dude, you gonna meet a girl tonight?" Ryan asked as we got ready.

"Probably," I answered. I didn't want to, but I had to keep my image going. Society these days.

-----

I could feel the base from the music as we approached the house that the party was at. It, of course, was being thrown at a large beach house. There were people everywhere.

Once the three of us were inside, we immediately headed over to the drinks. I needed to drink to get my mind off of things—to get my mind off of last night and my "fight" with Lauren.

I stopped counting how many shots I took, and at some point, I was completely trashed. I found myself playing beer pong with a couple of college kids, and I somehow had a random blonde attached to my hip. I don't know her name, and I didn't want to know her name.

"Yo! Leo, you wanna come with me real quick?" One of the kids, Andrew, asked. I knew what he was asking, and I immediately nodded, leaving the blonde behind.

We made our way up the stairs and entered one of the many rooms in the house. The room was obviously a bedroom—a boy's bedroom.

I looked over to my left and saw the small bag of the fine, white crystals. Finally. It's been awhile. My body was craving this.

"Dude, you're amazing," Andrew spoke.

"Yeah," I replied. "You got a dollar?"

He nodded and pulled a dollar out of his pocket, handing it to me.

I poured the cocaine on the dresser, making it into a thin line with the dollar bill. After I was done, I rolled the bill up and put it up to my nose as I sucked in air.

Once the drug hit me, I was going insane. My body had gone so long without it, it was like I was getting high for the first time all over again.

I don't know how long I was up there, but I found myself stumbling down the steps once again. I needed another drink.

But as I was walking over to the keg, someone caught my eye. Someone that I knew. I looked over and gasped. There was Lauren, standing there with that Leland kid. A drink was in here hand and she was awfully close to him.

How did Matt not notice that she was here?

She's not even close to being twenty-one. Well, neither am I or her brother, but she's younger than us.

I watched as the two of them talked. She laughed at something he said and leaned into him. What the fuck was she doing?

Something came over me and I found myself stomping over to them. Lauren didn't see me coming. I tapped her shoulder, and she gasped.

"Leo! W-what are you doing here?"

I shook my head, "I could ask you the same thing."

I could see her becoming nervous. The boy next to her still didn't notice that I was there. He was too busy talking to some other kids.

"Leland brought me here," she said as she looked over to him. He looked over at us at the mention of his name.

"Oh, hey bro," he spoke.

"Hello."

"He was just-" I cut her off.

"I was just going to pull her away for a moment to talk to her," I said as I grabbed Lauren's arm. I needed to talk to her.

She didn't fight me as I pulled her away. She knew I needed to talk to her.

I pulled her up the steps and into a random bedroom. The door closed with a loud slam, but no one could hear it. I turned around to see Lauren standing there, not looking at me.

"What the fuck are you doing?!" I screamed.

She rolled her eyes. I could smell the alcohol on her. "I'm at a party, duh."

"Yeah, and you're underage! Who brought you here, that dumbass kid Leland?"

She sat down on the bed. A loud thump came from the impact. "Yeah, and why does it matter? We're friends."

"He's just trying to get into your pants, Lauren," I said truthfully. "That's how boys are these days. I'm just looking out for you, okay?"

She looked up at me with sad eyes. If only she knew that I was being serious. Lauren's a smart, beautiful young girl. Any boy would try to go for her.

"I don't need anyone to look out for me. I'm fine by myself."

All of the sudden, she stood up, but miserably failed. That was the alcohol talking. I ran over to her and held her up, making sure she didn't fall or anything. I don't need anyone to look out for me, my ass.

We were so close right now. I could smell the faint smell of her perfume being overpowered by the scent of alcohol. I could hear every breath she took and the pounding of her heart.

When I turned my head, she was already looking at me. Our lips were inches away from each other and I found myself looking at them over and over again.

"Leo," Lauren whispered. "I think you're a really nice guy."

Before I knew it, my lips were on hers.

I felt that spark as soon as my lips hit hers. It felt as if I was sitting here watching fireworks. I felt that euphoric feeling that I needed to feel.

She wrapped her legs around my waist as I set us down on the bed. I couldn't believe that this was finally happening.

"Do you have a condom?" Lauren whispered.

We shouldn't do this. This was so wrong. So wrong. But something inside of me was telling me that this was so right. That I should be doing this. But boy, did it feel so right.

I grabbed a condom out of my pocket, ripping it open with my teeth.

This was so wrong. But I liked that.