The beginning

After me and dad get everything from the moving van, I offer to help out unpacking things from the boxes since everything else seems pretty boring.
"Oh, you really don't have to. There's a girl next door to us, she'll probably be outside." he said hastily.
I head up to my new room quickly to find a huge mirror in it. I look at my ginger locks, moving them away from my white, freckley face. I quickly put on some lipstick and highlighter before going downstairs.

I take a few steps to my new garden. it's tiny with a little broken swing on the side. I see out of the corner of my eye a girl who looks about the same age as me, with a pokemon t-shirt and pink glasses sitting on the wall between my back garden and what I assume is hers. Being the awkward child I am, I simply wave at her and mouth "Hi" not making too much sounds. She waves strait back at me and jumps down to her garden.
"Hi! I'm Jessica. What's your name?" she said. Oh no. She's not socially awkward.
"Hi Jessica. I'm Chelsea..I just moved here, are there-"
"Ohmygawd, your accent! It's amazing!" she interrupted. Ah yes, my English accent. The one thing that attracts friends.
"Thanks..Your accent is cool too!" I lie. I suddenly realise how much I hate accents from New York.
"And your lips are cute too"... What? Did I just call her lips 'cute'? She honestly looks at me with the most freaked out facial expression and says:
"Oh thanks. I'm gunna go back inside..It's getting cold."
"Bye." I speed walk back inside before she tries to make physical contact. Not that she would after I called her lips cute.