Chapter 14:The 'Date'

May covered her ears as an excited Sora squealed at the top of her lungs and jump up and down at 3 a.m in the morning.She could have sworn she woke up the whole castle right now.She just prayed her dad won't send in the guards to see what the commotion was all about.

"Shhh.It's just a bouquet of roses!Why are you so excited?"May asked in a hushed whisper as the Dragoness calmed down.Sora's eyes widened in utter disbelief as she stared at the brunette.

"You don't know?"Sora questioned her as she jumped on May's bed and sat down on the other side.May shook her head.Sora sighed as she tried to explain it to May."You see,Drew gives roses to girls he dated or is about to date or whatever."Sora explained.

"But I thought you said he never looked at a girl the same way as I?"May asked her.

"Yeah.But he never really loved them.He only dates girls for 'fun',but with you,it's a different story."Sora squealed as she hugged the brunette."I'm sooooo happy!I'll be your maid of honor!"

"Wait!We're not getting married!And I'm sure the one who gave me the roses is not Drew."May told her seriously.Sora pouted.

"Let's make a bet.If it really was Drew,no more using me as your barbie doll for a week!If it's not Drew,you can use me for experimenting with outfits."Sora said.May nodded.

"It's a deal!By the way,"May wondered."How are you and Hiro?"She asked.Sora's face fell as she curled up in a ball and rested her chin on her hands.

"We never talk.He's just so....silent.So we never hang out.So all I do here is train and hang out with Takeo,Rafe,Chase,Austin,Riku and the twins."Sora told her with a sad look.May sighed and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Maybe he has problems.Just wait then Hiro will be more open to you.Besides,if things didn't work out,Takeo,Rafe or Chase are still available."May said with a sly grin.Sora suddenly blushed as Rafe's name was mentioned.

"No.I'm not going to cheat on Hiro just because things didn't worked out."Sora answered with a small blush.She just decided to change the subject."So,what outfit are you going to wear?"She asked May.

"Hmmm.I haven't thought of that."May sprang up and hurried to her closet."Let's go find one!"She exclaimed enthusiastically.

* * *

(May's POV):

I stood in the center of the plaza,waiting for the one who gave me the roses.I was wearing a simple,yet cute blue dress and a blue bow on my head.

Sora was sent out on a journey with Hiro to Red island.She said she's going to talk with Dradian,the former Guardian of the Land,and Deagron,the former Guardian of the Land of the Dead.(A/N:I'll explain about them later)

I sighed as I hoped that she's safe.She's like a human magnet for trouble.Oh well.

"May."A familiar man's voice caused me to jump.I turned around and met a pair of beautiful emerald eyes and a smirk.

"Drew...."I murmured as he waved at me casually and approached me."So,I guess you're a bit early."He smirked."Excited?You're lucky you get to date me."He told me smugly.I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Date?I didn't know you asked me to meet you here for a date."I replied with a confused look,causing Drew to sigh.

We just stood there in awkward silence,not knowing what to say.I fiddled with my thumbs and looked down,feeling a bit awkward.I could feel my cheeks turn red,but Drew didn't see it.He finally decided to end the silence between us.