17. sweet serial killer

Start from the beginning

I sighed a bit more calmed and I gave him a slight nod in response, so he carefully removed the piece of cloth off my mouth and stared at me warily, waiting for what I was going to say.

"You lied to me" I accused him resentfully and his gaze dropped down to floor, avoiding mine.

"I know, Maddie, I'm sorry" he apologized sorrowfully.

"Why?"

"I tried telling you so many times but I knew you had to get to know me first... the real me, before you knew who I truly was" he answered, raising his eyes to meet mine and the honesty in them, made even the most skeptical part of me want to believe him.

"So is it true?" I asked weakly, not sure of what exactly I was asking about.

"Depends on what you're asking" he answered and I noticed how he tensed up, as he sat on the couch that was placed in front of where I was.

"Your father... was he Joshua Parker?" I asked and he gave me a slight nod, clenching his jaw at the name "His journals... you said you were an only child but that's not true, is it?"

"I lied" he clipped and I waited for him to say something else but he remained silent, which only made the rage I felt a few minutes ago come back ten times stronger.

"You did? Weird, 'cause I thought we were closer than that, weren't you just saying something about trust..." I spat harshly and he frowned, looking hurt by my accusatory tone, still he kept quiet "Kai" I called out his name but he kept his gaze down, avoiding me all the same "Your siblings, what happened to them Kai? Why did you lie about being a Parker?"

"Why does it matter?" he asked slightly bothered, ignoring everything I had just said and I realized something shifted in him.

"You said you were going to give me an explanation" I reminded him and he tilted his head to the side, as he fixated his eyes on me, his expression too complex for me to read.

"Here's the thing, I already did and it didn't turn out too well" he began and I frowned a bit puzzled by his words "I can explain what happened but who's to say it won't end like it did last time?"

"What do mean?" I asked confused and he suddenly stood up, beginning to pace around the room "Kai, what did you mean by that?" but he ignored me once again and he stopped, standing by the window and then he turned his back on me as he locked his eyes on whatever was happening outside. It wasn't how I had expected him to react at all, which only made me feel uneasy, so I kept trying to untie myself a lot more quietly this time.

"I haven't even said anything and you're ready to run away" he said hurt as he stared out the window and I stopped.

"I don't want to run away but I also don't enjoy being tied to a chair, this is completely unnecessary Kai, you know I wouldn't just leave" I tried to reassure him and for a second I thought he didn't listen until he turned around, finally allowing me to read his expression and I couldn't help but feel guilty when I saw the pain in his eyes.

Kai walked towards me and he gently began to remove the tape off my wrists, kneeling down in front of me to take off the ones on my ankles "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have tied you up like this" he apologized quietly and he stood up once again, caressing my cheek as he locked his eyes on mine "I miss you my Juliet, and I need you... desperately" he paused, leaning down slowly until his mouth was at the same level of my ear "Please come back to me or at least... remember how you felt after you found out the truth the first time,  please baby, can you do that for me? You know I hate lying to you and I really don't want to compel you again"